Pinvalve regulator problem - HELP!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinB

Reaction score
I am finalizing a portable cooler kegerator and am having trouble with my pinvalve regulator. I purchased it from Keg Connection and even found a video they made on Youtube: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh0uwk0zF1k]How to use a Pinvalve Regulator! - YouTube[/ame] My problem is, when I attempt to "tighten the knob on top of the mount to engage the CO2 (equivalent to opening the valve on a larger CO2 canister)" it seems to be leaking somewhere near where the canister screws into the regulator.

This seems like there is a problem. Any ideas/suggestions? Please help! Thanks.

The o-ring on top of the canister is supposed to seal to the regulator, so I'd check that o-ring carefully for damage. If it looks sound try a bit of keg lube on it...

Cheers!

Here is a picture of the top of the canister. It looks like the white o-ring is broken. I suppose this would explain why it's not working properly.

Any idea where to find a replacement o-ring? I have some spare o-rings for ball lock kegs. Would those work??

O-ring.jpg

Here is a picture of the top of the canister. It looks like the white o-ring is broken. I suppose this would explain why it's not working properly.

Yup, that would do it ;) Looks like a tiny 'gator got it.

Any idea where to find a replacement o-ring? I have some spare o-rings for ball lock kegs. Would those work??

Maybe post o-ring would fit, probably wouldn't hurt to try (it's not like it's a propane tank).

That canister is commonly used for paint ball, maybe a sporting goods store would have replacements. Otherwise if you contact KC they'd likely drop a couple in the mail...

Cheers!

FYI, the ball lock post o-rings I had laying around work perfect, and my cooler kegerator is now fully operational!

Back