Gluten Free Winter Pumpkin Lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheHomebrewConnection

Reaction score
Our first GF lager attempt included pilsner millet, sorghum, pumpkin, spices, hallertau hops (bittering), Colorado Kent Goldings (Aroma) corn sugar and maltodextrin. OG came in at 1.050 and we will use the aroma hops as dry hops in the secondary. With millet we have also learned that a 2 week secondary works best, the first dry hopped and the second with gelatin finings to help clarify. I have high hopes for this lager even though it won't be ready till 2012!

100_1320.jpg

100_1323.jpg

100_1324.jpg

Wow that sounds great. It's the most complex GF beer recipe I've ever seen.

Haha, We've been testing a lot of recipes for about 5ish years now and feel we are really honing in on how to work with GF grains! Months from now I'll post an update and let you know how it turns out!

Will you post the actual recipe to this? My father is glutard and I want to brew him up something real tasty!

We have the pilsner millet here and to get the color we roasted 2lbs in the oven for 2.5 ish hours. I think next time a little longer might be nice...

I will have to find our recipe... I'll post it tomorrow

Back