Dale's Pale ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fracturedman

Reaction score
So, a moment ago I opened a Dales pale and, it had been sitting on my counter for about 5 minutes and it exploded upon opening. Most of the beer still being in the can I decided to pour it into the glass and enjoy the rest. Upon pouring it into the glass I noticed alot of sediment in the glass, I am wondering if sediment is normal in this beer?

I would say that's abnormal. I just had some this weekend, and it was crystal clear, no sediment, and definitely not overcarbonated.

-Steve

Dale's Pale Ale is usually very clear.

What is the packaging date on the bottom of the can?

I had a can explode as I opened it, well, not explode but vigorously spew beer...granted it had been in my backpack for 3 hours of hiking and I was at 14,000ft, so I expected it to do that.

No help to you...did you only have one or did you buy a sixer? Open another and see if it is the same. It should be clear-ish, mine always are.

I wonder if the can was dirty when they filled it? I have had the same thing happen to bottles of beer that I didn't clean very well. They would volcano like mad! +1 on opening another can. If it is shady, call Oskar Blues and let them know. They will probably buy you another 6'er.

No it was only one. I was at my local craft beer store and picked out a random six pack. So having one beer be bad is no big deal...i still get to enjoy the other 5.

quick update..

I shot the brewery an email addressing them of the situation and they looked into their archives and discovered the can I had must have been at least a year old. They found many more cans at the same location when they sent a rep to check it out. I think it was a whole case of bad beer.

Anyways. Talked to dale and his guy who is in charge of quality via email and they are replacing my bad can with a few good cans and sending me some swag from the brewery.

I am just glad they caught the bad beer before someone who would not understand grabbed it and had a bad experience. Hopefully I saved a future craft beer drinkers perception of real beer.

That's awesome! Good customer service is hard to find, when you do, its usually done very, very right.

-Steve

Oskar Blues is good people. Dale and crew were at a concert I was at a while back and he kept feeding me free beers. Good guy.

Back