Done with manifold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modenacart

Reaction score
I am through with my manifold. I have had quite a few problems with it and I am wanting to upgrade to a false bottom. Which is the best one for a sanke keg and where is the best place to get one?

Thanks.

I am through with my manifold. I have had quite a few problems with it and I am wanting to upgrade to a false bottom. Which is the best one for a sanke keg and where is the best place to get one?

Thanks.

You didn't say not to ask, so I will.... What types of problems are you having with a manifold? Lots and lots of people use them without issue, so maybe it's an easy fix?

What type of a setup do you have? Electric, direct fired, rims/herms, etc?

It comes apart when I am using it. Today I had to scoop all my mash out and put it back together and scoop it all back in. Needless to say I was pretty upset. I can solder a few pieces together and that will help, but I direct fire my mash and stir a lot. I think a false bottom will help with more even heating of the mash because I will be able to stir it without the manifold getting in the way too.

Back