First Pour #10

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pistolero

Reaction score
This is a little late (should have been posted last Friday), but what can I say...I've been drinking. :eek:

Anyway, I tried the first of my Sam Adams Cream Stout clone last Friday. It was only 15 days in the bottle (primed with DME) so I wasn't expecting it to be anywhere near ready, but it was St. Paddy's day, and I'm both Irish and Catholic, so it was pretty much required. Boy was I pleasantly surprised! The carbonation was excellent...probably overcarbed for a stout even, but I like mine bubbly so I was happy. And the taste...fantastic! If you like cream stouts, then here's another Beer Captured recipe that I can highly recommend. :)

The best thing tho...I got to sip my cream stout out of one of my cool new beer glasses. :cool:

firstpour.jpg

good looking beer.
good looking glass.

did you send Ian a custom image or something?

were they the same price as the "homebrew" glasses?

-walker

Imperial Walker said:
good looking beer.
good looking glass.

did you send Ian a custom image or something?

were they the same price as the "homebrew" glasses?

-walker

yeah, I wanna know too!

ElP, so is strange brew the name of your brewery?

I will have to try that recipe. I have been pleased with what I have tried out of that book so far. And the glass looks great!

Dude said:
ElP, so is strange brew the name of your brewery?
I don't know yet, I'm still thinking about it...Strange Brew is really just the title of the Cream song I was listening to when the idea came to me. The logo itself is a ripoff of Wychwood Brewery.

Back