What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sierra Nevada Bigfoot

Heady first pour. Whoops!

image-894617326.jpg

image-901351531.jpg

Cigar City Humidor series IPA. Tastes just like drinking an excellent IPA out of a cigar box. I do feel fancy drinking beer out of a wine bottle.

bottlebomber said:
Waiting for my wife's epic trip through the fabric store. Hey it's the last day of vacation don't judge me!

Sometimes I think 'This Bottlebomber guy hates on North Coast, like the Duchess, and has never had a Rodenbach?!?!? WTF?'

And then you post a picture of the Narwhal you're pounding from the bottle in your car at a strip mall fabric store and I think 'Me and ole Bottlebomber have a lot in common'.

Shazam! I've been holding onto this for months since a friend brought it back from vacation. Roasty, tart, bit of alcohol burn. Slightly lacking in refinement and the silver wax fended off the bottle opener a couple times, but a really fun and inspirational beer.

image-1606521709.jpg

To be honest this wasn't love at first sip, but I am really digging this. I've heard some say it's better than the 90 minute, but I think they're about the same. Not like the same the same, but like equally good in different ways.

20121125_204918.jpg

Waiting for my wife's epic trip through the fabric store. Hey it's the last day of vacation don't judge me!

Well played, you. :mug:

To be honest this wasn't love at first sip, but I am really digging this. I've heard some say it's better than the 90 minute, but I think they're about the same. Not like the same the same, but like equally good in different ways.

I thought it was really good. Not better than 90, but different in a way I like more. Both are great IPAs either way.

So's this....
HPIM1476.jpg

TNGabe said:
Sometimes I think 'This Bottlebomber guy hates on North Coast, like the Duchess, and has never had a Rodenbach?!?!? WTF?'

And then you post a picture of the Narwhal you're pounding from the bottle in your car at a strip mall fabric store and I think 'Me and ole Bottlebomber have a lot in common'.

:mug: I'll bet we do!

Black wet hopsickle @Moylan's. I wouldn't normally be on board with a beer named that, but they were pulling it off cask so I couldn't decline. It was quite delicious of a warm flat beer.

image-3609678.jpg

Good ole PBR.

I had some of that from the can the other day and I was actually fairly impressed. It actually has a hop spice and aroma. Decent body. Not overly ****ty or adjuncty. Fairly impressive beer in the company it keeps. It had been years since I had a PBR. If a bar only had typical adjunct lagers, this would be my go to beer.

Stillwater Premium - fantastic sessionable saison with Crooked Stave Brett and a premium lager grain bill.

image-1950779014.jpg

My homebrewed Black IPA

image-757747464.jpg

I really like this beer, but next time I brew it I'll probably use something other than British yeast an I'll definitely use double or triple the amount of dry hops. It's good but it needs those changes to potentially make it great.

Think Im going to wreck my palate with the rest of a Lucky Basartd(spelled right,by the way) bomber,I had yesterday. Think my favorate is the Oaked out of the Stone-bastard bunch. Hmm maybe Im reconsidering today, im enjoying it way more this time. The vanilla orange sherbert aroma is sucking me into a vortex,I think. Damn,now I dont know Ill have to side by side someday.
BTW: Any body notice Rogue made a Voodoo Doughnut Peanut butter bannana?

Back