First Time making a Black IPA Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rau71

Reaction score
The Fermentation is half a normal (to Me krausen) and the other half is a brown mud like substance. I will try to post a pic, but is this normal?
2012-03-04_13-12-30_288.jpg

I made my first CDA recently, yours looks really normal. The only thing I can add to help you is add now that you are already fermenting is add lots of dry hops. My CDA had enough bitterness just not enough aroma or flavor from the late additions.

Anyway hope all turns out well.

Clem

So now it has been almost 2 weeks and the fermentation has stopped but there is a layer on the top that is like small brown circles, will this clear out with time or should I just go ahead and move forward with this brew as is?

Normal, I have a black steam ale in my primary, looks exactely like yours does. Bottle/Keg it up!!! Though I tend to leave mine sit longer, but sometimes I can't wait either and just xfer it to my keg and drink it!!!

Back