Heading to St Paul next week..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PitchnGrin

Reaction score
I'll be working during the days, but any suggestions 'must see's/do's.

Beer related of course..

Midwest Supplies is also in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. There are lots of good local beers. Be sure to pick up some beers from Surly Brewing Co. Most liquor stores carry them.

Republic in the 7 corners area is a good tap room. http://republicmn.com/
Northern Brewer has two stores in the area and Midwest is on the Minneapolis side. The St Paul NB is an older, smaller location,(grand avenue) and the Minneapolis NB is a brand new home brew haven. (Lyndale Avenue S)
The Four Firkins is a great craft brew store, pretty close to Midwest supplies.
http://thefourfirkins.com/

If you're still in town, Surly does brew tours on Fridays/Saturday evenings. I recommend! You can contact Summit brewing on their webpage to see if they have a tour time as well (usually Tues or Thurs @ 1pm).

Barley John's Brew Pub is another place I've heard good things about. But I've never been there.

Midwest and NB are good places to check out for brew supplies. Pretty cool places and I frequent both.

have a beer or three at the muddy pig and the happy gnome. They are within walking distance of each other in St Paul. Awesome craft beer selections and really good food.

Perfect, thanks all. The brewing TV guys are great. I will just hit print screen and be all set.

If you're still in town, Surly does brew tours on Fridays/Saturday evenings. I recommend! You can contact Summit brewing on their webpage to see if they have a tour time as well (usually Tues or Thurs @ 1pm).

Barley John's Brew Pub is another place I've heard good things about. But I've never been there.

Midwest and NB are good places to check out for brew supplies. Pretty cool places and I frequent both.

it's almost impossible to get a spot for a surly tour. You may want to check out the minneapolis northern brewer events schedule. they have classes and guest speakers frequently. I'm not quite sure about local bars as I don't frequent the city. I've heard good things about the Town Hall Brew pub.

I am going to St Paul next week as well. I have school there. Barley Johns BrewPub is great. That is where I had my first sour. I suggest it. Maybe up see ya there.

Unless work goes terribly wrong I wouldn't be there for the surly tour. I guess I will just have to be content with trying the end products. I will check out NB and probably hit every one of the brew pubs, The first two each evening are on the company dime :mug:

Just wanted to follow up (i notice a lot of the thread topics end as cliffhangers..arrgh.) MNSP is an awesome town/s! I drank an untold number of awesome local brews. Hit the new NB store. Couldn't swing a Surley tour but picked up a cool hat and chatted up the friendly employees.

As for pubs: They were all great. Muddy Pig, Happy Gnome, Groveland Tap (coolest staff), Blue Door (best happy hour specials) Man what a great beer scene. Didn't get to visit half of the spots that looked like winners on yelp.

Thanks for all the tips. I am going through Surley Furious withdrawl. I never found a wet hop but hopefully there will be a next time.

Checkout Groveland Tap in St. Paul. They have a fantastic beer menu. They also have a wonderful rendition of the Twin City favorite -- the Juicy Lucy! There are a ton of breweries in the area (many within St. Paul.) There is a list at: http://www.mnbeer.com. Most have tours during the week. I have only been to Lucid Brewing and Steel Toe Brewing, both are outside of St Paul. As others have said, you must get your hands on some Surly Furious. Enjoy your trip!

Flat Earth Growler Sales and Tastings M W F 330P-630P. 2035 Benson Ave. St. Paul
  • Then you could drive by Summit brewing, as it is only a 1/2 mile from Flat Earth
Harriet Brewing Growler Sales and Tastings W Th F 4P-8P. 3036 Minnehaha, Minneapolis

Glad you enjoyed the beer scene! I'm heading up in about three weeks. We are road tripping so I'm definitely going to try and bring some MN local beers back home to TX. Can't wait to get back up there.

Back