Anyone in North Georgia?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HokieHomeBrew

Reaction score
Just moved to Buford, GA last week and am trying to get into the brewing scene up here. I am in a brew club that meets in the city of Atlanta but now that is 30+ miles for me, so it would be nice to find some people north of ATL who brew. Anyone live around this area that brews?

HokieHomeBrew said:
Just moved to Buford, GA last week and am trying to get into the brewing scene up here. I am in a brew club that meets in the city of Atlanta but now that is 30+ miles for me, so it would be nice to find some people north of ATL who brew. Anyone live around this area that brews?

Im in athens but thats further than atl. But welcome anywho.

[cheers]

Alpharetta has a great home brew club and an awesome lhbs. You should definitely check them out.

I live in the city but travel out to Marietta for the Insert Name Here Brew Club. We meet on the first tuesday of the month @BrewMaster's Warehouse in Marietta. I work at Brewmaster's and we have an amazing selection of to help with your homebrewing needs! Come on out Tuesday night for the meeting!

I live in the city but travel out to Marietta for the Insert Name Here Brew Club. We meet on the first tuesday of the month @BrewMaster's Warehouse in Marietta. I work at Brewmaster's and we have an amazing selection of to help with your homebrewing needs! Come on out Tuesday night for the meeting!

I'm in Snellville and don't belong to a club. However, my favorite local pub, Summits Tavern (100+ on tap), is having a home brew contest this Saturday at 6:30pm.

Brewmaster's Warehouse in Marietta is fantastic. :mug:

I'm in Jefferson but about 30-35miles from ya. I was just watching your vid the other night...get more stuff unpacked?

nice deezy. I work up in Jefferson every now and then. My company has a test range up there in Pendergrass. Man, its a never ending story of unpacking haha. I got most everything unpacked. All the important stuff, now its just stupid stuff like books and pictures, etc. Are you in a club up here?

Porsche, Snellville isn't too incredibly far from me. You are probably the closest one lol...but it seems like no one around Lake Lanier brews or something lol

Nice man, good to hear things coming along. Yeah I'm in a club but it's in Athens: Athens Homebrewers club website. I haven't made a meeting in months unfortunately; my wife works nights and has had tuesday's off here recently so I'm trying to balance it all out. I didn't have much beer ready until recently anyway, finally got the keezer build finished and almost full. We should swap some brews sometime.

Brewmasters of Alpharetta is a great club. They usually help us judge at the Barley Mob Brewers of Chattanooga's yearly competition. Good folks.

I am in Marietta, and may just have to look up the homebrew club at Brewmaster's Warehouse. But let me second, or third, or whatever we are up to, that Brewmaster's is a fantastic place and definitely worth the drive. Maybe you drive down for supplies and stay for the club?

nice man. whats your youtube name? we should definitely swap brews sometime. or even do a collaboration brew.

HokieHomeBrew said:
Porsche, Snellville isn't too incredibly far from me. You are probably the closest one lol...but it seems like no one around Lake Lanier brews or something lol

I live in cumming right off exit 15 of 400. Where you at?

SW33K, I'm off exit 4 on 985 in Buford, pretty much Sugar Hill. Really really close to Cumming. You in a club?

I'm in Cumming near exit 15 as well, small world. I've been to a few meetings with the Brewmasters Alpharetta, they're pretty nice folks.

:mug:

Nice Arg. I was hoping there was something a little closer around Lake Lanier. Alpharetta isn't too far but its not close either. Oh well, guess we'll have to keep finding people in the area and form our own club :) . It'd be nice to get some people together to brew one weekend and not have to drive 40 miles.

I'm in Cumming, off exit 13. I have yet to meet with Brewmasters of Alpharetta but I hear the club is great. One member helped judge a few of my beers when I first got started. I met his wife at my doctor's office.

Any members know the specifics of the meetings? I can't find anything about them online. Brew Depot (LHBS in Alpharetta) stated there was info regarding the club on their website but I haven't been able to locate it.

browillard, they are very 'exclusive'. Lets just put it that way. Thats why I joined Final Gravity in Atlanta. A younger crowd and less exclusive. However, now I am so far away I want to join a new one. Everyone that has commented on this thread, we have atleast 6 people. Thats a good start to start our own up here :) It doesn't have to really be official it can just be us brewing every now and then. Anyone interested?

deezy send me a youtube message and we can hook something up some time. I check YouTube a lot more than here.

browillard, they are very 'exclusive'. Lets just put it that way. Thats why I joined Final Gravity in Atlanta. A younger crowd and less exclusive. However, now I am so far away I want to join a new one. Everyone that has commented on this thread, we have atleast 6 people. Thats a good start to start our own up here It doesn't have to really be official it can just be us brewing every now and then. Anyone interested?

I understand what you mean by "exclusive." I've gotten that feeling at the few meetings I've attended. Cordial and polite, sure, but they seem to be pretty tight-knit.

TBH, I'm surprised to see so many of us here.

I really would be interested in a meet and greet, group brew session or whatever. It'd be cool to have some other locals to brew with, and of course, taste all the brews.

Well lets set something up then. Arg, SW33K, Deezy, browillard, Porchse. Are yall interested in doing something like this maybe in the next few weeks ? Before xmas of course I know everyone is really busy around this time of year. Give me some feedback and I'll be happy to set something up. Maybe like Arg said, just do a meet and greet to start or a brew session. Whatever works for me.

limulus. interested in joining up for a meet and greet/brew day since we all live so far out in the boonies lol. let me know.

My pipeline is full until next year. Brewing four kegs for a advertising party in 2 weeks. Can't wait til that's over with so I can get my kegs back. I'm still all for some group brewing though.

OK I think we should do a meet and greet / beer drinking first lol just to make things simple...like a Taco Mac group excursion or somethin. What do yall think?

HokieHomeBrew said:
browillard, they are very 'exclusive'. Lets just put it that way. Thats why I joined Final Gravity in Atlanta. A younger crowd and less exclusive. However, now I am so far away I want to join a new one. Everyone that has commented on this thread, we have atleast 6 people. Thats a good start to start our own up here :) It doesn't have to really be official it can just be us brewing every now and then. Anyone interested?

Im a student in athens but live in cartersville so im driving through that area monthly on my trips home. I feel Georgia is really booming in the craft/homebrew areas. I don't know that id be able to be an active member of a club but im always happy to meet/exchange/brew with fellow Georgia brewers! Just be a little bit of a a UGA fan ; )

perfect. I'll add you down on the list and we'll get something together. I will probably be easier just to get everyone's email addresses or something. I'll msg you separately so you don't have to share your address all over the board. Cheers.

I live in Sugar Hill as well. I haven't brewed in 20 years and just started back two weeks ago. I am interested in working with other people or a small club to make brewing (learning) a little simpler. We should get together.

I'm also in south Forsyth County, exit 13 off 400. Seems to be several home brewers within a few miles of me.

I'm relatively new at this and would like to get together for a group brew. It would acclerate my learning curve. I'd also be interested in a club if you form one.

awesome. I will send a message to everyone that is interested and get your emails. That way we can have a faster form of communication. I am busy all this weekend but maybe we can set something up for next weekend or even like I said just a meet and greet for drinks at Taco Mac or something during the week. Glad to see so many people in the area interested, I was starting to think there were no homebrewers up in this area lol

Hey guys. Did yall ever get together and get an informal brewers club going? I know I'm a little late to the party but let me know if any of yall in the area want to brew, get together, or swap some brews let me know.

Brad

I'm in Athens as well. I keep forgetting to go to the homebrew club meetings, but I want to be a member. And while all these other Athens brewers are here, does anyone know if they use Chloramines in our water?

I'm moving to Suwanee this Saturday. Planning on building a single tier brew stand around March or so. I'd be interested in getting together.

Back