Rogue Hop Heaven

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpt222

Reaction score
I had my first Rogue Hop Heaven draft yesterday. After about three sips, I finally was able to assimilate the taste to that of grapefruit. I read on the restaurant beer menu that they use Centennial hops. Is this grapefruit flavor imparted by the hops?

Wow, I'm very surprised any Hop Heaven is still in circulation. I work at a Rogue pub and, as I recall, we blew through our supply less than 3 weeks after its release in October.
Yes, the grapefruit/ citrus flavor is an attribute of Centennials and should be abundant in this beer since it was wet hopped.

Cheers

Wow, I'm very surprised any Hop Heaven is still in circulation.

I'll consider myself lucky then! It was a quite enjoyable brew and my first taste of Centennial hops. What is wet hopped?

Wet hopping is using hops that were just harvested and not dried first. Had some HH a couple months back.

They use Columbus for dry hopping. They use 2 1/2 lbs of Columbus per barrel for dry hopping alone. Or at least they used to.

From their website:
Hog Heaven
Beer Style: American Barleywine Ale
Hop Variety: Columbus
Malt Variety: Two-row barley, caramel 75L
OG: 1.085 Alcohol By Volume: 9.2% IBU's: 104
Color: Deep Garnet

Back