Gordon Biersch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LowNotes

Reaction score
There has been construction going on in the first floor of the building I work in for the past couple months. Yesterday when I walked by I saw about a dozen giant (8-10' tall, 4-6' diameter) SS conical fermenters...it was glorious.

It is going to be a "Gordon Biersch" brew pub. Anyone ever tried the beer at one of these? I found out it is a chain with at least 2-3 other restaurants in the DC metro area. I'm trying to figure out how excited I should be :tank:

I think it is going to open around April, and it is within walking distance of Nationals Stadium, so there could definitely be some pre-game drinking going on here in the near future.

That's awesome that it's so close to your office - it'd be hard for me to stay away for lunch. I really like their beers and food. They offer a beer sampler so you can try all of them in one sitting.

My favorites are their Hefeweizen, Marzen and Czech Pilsner.

I think they're originally out of California and we have a few here in the Dallas area. I can't say I've been there too many times, but the times I have, both their beer and food were pretty good. I would say it's very similar in concept and quality as BJ's, if you're familiar with them. They bottle their beer too.

That's awesome that it's so close to your office - it'd be hard for me to stay away for lunch. I really like their beers and food. They offer a beer sampler so you can try all of them in one sitting.

My favorites are their Hefeweizen, Marzen and Czech Pilsner.

Sweet! I love a beer sampler :mug:

I checked out their website just now, and was surprised they seem to lean more towards lighter beer styles, as opposed to the pale ales and IPAs that most places use as their flagship brews. Personally I love good IPA, but if they do light beers well maybe it will be just what I need to broaden my own brewing tendencies.

I do love Hefeweizens too, so I am pretty excited now :ban:

GB brews the JosephsBrau line at Trader Joe's. The "Plznr" is a screaming deal and tastes just like Urquell. The other styles are not as exciting.

I went to the former Embarcadero location in SF once after a Giants game. Not really my kind of place, but it was okay. I think BJ's is actually better and has more interesting beers (and I love German styles).

I like GB...but my favorite chain is Rock Bottom...especially when they crack open their casks. If I lived where you did I would be hitting up mad fox brewing in falls church. I love that place! GB does have really dang good food though.

I would take any kind of brew pub within walking distance of my office though! Im jealous!

Gordon Biersch brews (almost) exclusively lagers. I think there's typically a hef and a specialty ale on tap too. They make some excellent beers. Food leans to standard american pub fare- Zman has it right, it's a similar idea to BJ's, but with german style lagers rather than american style ales. I prefer GB's beers and BJ's food.

Years ago I emailed them and their brewmaster replied, they brew their beer following the Reinheitsgebot, including the contract beers they brew. I like their Trader Joes stuff.

GB is originally from Palo Alto, CA. I've been to their original location on numerous occasions as well as the SF and SJ locations. Both their food and their beer is decent but not spectacular. Definitely nice to have around but also could be much better.

They don't usually branch out on what they do, same seasonals and nothing new, but the do what the do very well. Good food and if love garlic, the garlic fries are awesome. Went to the one in Tysons corner on a regular basis when I was there

GB is originally from Palo Alto, CA. I've been to their original location on numerous occasions as well as the SF and SJ locations. Both their food and their beer is decent but not spectacular. Definitely nice to have around but also could be much better.

Agree. GB just opened a location in the Salt Lake City airport. Welcome addition to a pretty bare food choice, but food and beer are just OK. Went to the one in Miami a bunch of times...it was actually pretty lousy, but the scenery was killer.

GB opened not to long ago in Baltimore. I don't know if it is just this one or all of them but their garlic fries are awesome. When you walk in that's all you smell. It is difficult not getting them as an app. FWIW I don't think there beer is the greatest.

If you're in to blain German style beers then this place is for you. There hefe and porter are ok. I am just more into the craft. The Pizza is legit though!!!

Latest posts

Back