So this just happened...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polo_check

Reaction score
I had a full 5# bottle of CO2 sitting in my house next to my kegerator. All of a sudden the PRV went off and depressurized the tank in about 15 seconds. Sounded like a jet engine in the house. My question is what caused this? It was at room temperature and its been sitting there about 2 weeks. Has anyone had this happen? What are my chances to get this swapped for free since I swapped it a couple weeks ago?

image-2907834750.jpg

image-633289990.jpg

Everytime I swap a tank they don't test it... just look at the stamp date. I'd first try being honest and telling them what happened, and they gave you a faulty tank.

I think you just got a tank with a bad PRV. I'd take it back and tell them what happened and show them a pic of the frosty tank. BTW, sweet floor...looks like acid stained. I did the same thing for my basement wetbar area.

Yeah the burst disc was probably just bad. It's rare but it does happen. I think the photo of the tank should be good enough for another swap. Good luck!

Good to hear that they took it back. Did they like the photo. At least it was not 20 or a 100 lb tank.

Latest posts

Back