Russian River Pliny The Younger-Today!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopSong

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok you guys. It's here. Pliny the Younger goes on sale today. I'd expect to see lines around the block for the first few days. They brewed 30% extra this year and it's going for $4.50/10oz glass. They expect it'll be sold out in two weeks. No take-outs. Typical. I'll wait a few days.. but not too long.. :rockin:

Hellfish - Higgins will get some. Just watch their twitter feed and, assuming you can get to Pioneer Square around 5pm, you'll get some.

We are going tomorrow. We go every year. Last year we had a few glasses with Vinnie. He is a really down to earth guy. Can't wait for tomorrow!

Oh sh#t! Glad I saw this thread! We're actually just leaving to go up to Sonoma this weekend for SWMBO's birthday... Must find a way to sneak out for a few hrs...

Think I might get some time off to watch the super bowl... maybe if the game sucks I'll head down to rr...

Thanks for posting!

RR is great ! Northern California is awesome.

Wait on line for a beer ? Don't think so. I'd rather spend the time brewing a batch of beer.

My brother got lucky on timing - he'll be down there next weekend and plans to stop in.

I'll grab a glass at Belmont Station or one of the other pubs in town that will probably get a keg.

Have been in line for 1 1/2 hours this morning. Vinnie came out and greeted everyone. I brought him a bottle of my Pumpkin sour. We should get seated in about an hour.

Sounds like fun. I'll be meeting a couple of folks at about 1:30.. bringing a folding chair. Pictures in the paper this morning.. lines are nuts.

Go HERE for the article today.. Click on the picture for a bit of gallery pics.

drove by this morning at 9:30 and the line was around the block. Hopocalypse at Drakes releases today. I love Febrewary!

Cool.. two great releases on my B'day. :)
Actually, Pliny released yesterday.. close

Well, it'll be a good b'day gift to myself. I'll be meeting "bottlebomber" down there as well as another friend. :mug:

im gonna be up there on the 15th / 16th hopefully some will be left. Had it at the same time last year, so i should be in luck.

Well, after 6 hours in line we finally got the wrist band and were allowed to enter. Got served right away. I can't believe how much Younger they must have gone thru the first two days.

I think the six hours might be compared to having a baby (I've never had one). After the wait is over and the baby (Beer) is in your hand, the pain of the wait was definitely worth it.

I ordered both an Elder and a Younger. I tasted the Elder first and then the Younger. What a difference. Then I went back to finish off the Elder.. Sheesh, as powerful as it is.. it tasted weak after tasting the Younger.

I'm going to go back sometime during the week and meet some friends. Hopefully, most people will be back at work. Then, maybe once more the following week before it ends... or they run out.. :-(

Ok you guys. It's here. Pliny the Younger goes on sale today. I'd expect to see lines around the block for the first few days. They brewed 30% extra this year and it's going for $4.50/10oz glass. They expect it'll be sold out in two weeks. No take-outs. Typical. I'll wait a few days.. but not too long.. :rockin:
Can't really get it up here. Picked up a Pliny Kit from Grains Beans & Things www.grains-n-beans.com . Brewed it and was great. 5 gallon kit had a bunch of ingredients. The hop bill weighed in at 16.7 ounces! Been i nthe bottle 6 weeks now and just getting better.

I just want to confirm that it is still flowing strong at RR.

It is as amazing as its hyped up to be.

Just want to point out,that if you're patient,I know of at least one bar in SF that usually has Younger till almost the end of Feb...Long after the lines,crowds,and craziness from the release & SF beer week have died down.

I'll be in Santa Rosa next Wednesday (the 15th), should I expect to wait in line to enter the pub then?

6 hours in line waiting for a beer, that's just silly.
It's only silly till you get it in your mouth. I'm having knee replacement next Wed..so, I'll be going back on Tues to enjoy a couple more.. Then it's back to Elder once a month. Lines are short during the week.

This batch of Younger is much better than last years. Last years was way to bitter and unbalanced but this one is nice.

Younger will be in tap @ APEX in portland on friday. Higgins I heard sold out in less than an hour on wednesday...ugh

Any word as to where it may be in san Diego? I had heard a rumor but not sure

It was at multiple places. RR has strong ties to SD so we actually get a large bunch of it. I had it at Hamiltons Yesterday, I know OBrians gets it, Toronado (but I think they are all out as of yesterday), just call around.

i foresee lots of DWI's

Santa Rosa is full of police. Full of them. Make sure a sober driver is brought along.

As far as lines go...
I waited about 30-45 min on wednesday afternoon shortly after 1:30 PM.

Latest posts

Back