Kirkland Pale ale clone recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have a feeling they use hop extract or that that its all late hops

I've tried to develop a tast for the Kirkland beers, but I just can't for some reason. Kirlkand usually offers good quality products. I'm not sure where it's actually brewed. It seems to also have a really short shelf life; I opened a bottle of the Hefe from just this fall and it was NOT good, although I understand wheat beers tend to not last long anyway. Good luck on a clone.

The beer is brewed by Gordon Biersch (My neighborhood brewery) and its a really descent beer. It's probably because Dan Gordon is an awesome guy and he has too much pride to let a bad beer leave his brewery. If I was you I would email the brewery and ask. I'm sure they'll help you out. Especially since this ale is brewed on contract.

The beer is brewed by Gordon Biersch (My neighborhood brewery) and its a really descent beer. It's probably because Dan Gordon is an awesome guy and he has too much pride to let a bad beer leave his brewery. If I was you I would email the brewery and ask. I'm sure they'll help you out. Especially since this ale is brewed on contract.

i tried awhile back, no luck, maybe my wording wasnt the best?

The Kirkland beers are actually brewed at different breweries depending on where you are buying it. Mine here in NY are brewed at Matt Brewing Company in Utica, NY. The pale ale and amber ale aren't bad, and the German lager wasn't exactly to style but a good beer, but the hefe is not even close to a hefe and sucks, BAD. It's almost like an American wheat, but still BAD.

I bought the case because I figured for the price it was worth the bottles, but the labels are so hard to get off I'm just throwing them out now. I'll drink the other's, but I'm using the rest of the "hefe's" to cook with.

there replacing the german ale with a ipa, and the hefe with a belg white, same price

Latest posts

Back