Brewtarget software - FREE

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starderup

Reaction score
I found this brewing software (apologies to anyone that has already found it, and I'm sure there are many) called Brewtarget.
It is open source, and no cost. It is not stripped down software, however. Not only is it available for Windows, Macs, and Linux (32 bit), but it lets you define the equipment you use. You setup the sizes of your mash tun, boil kettle, and everything. Then you create recipes like you would do in BrewBuilder or Beersmith. My favorite feature is called Brewday Mode. When you click this, it asks you if you want it to create instructions.
Then, it gives you a list of every step, complete with a timer if you want. Set the timer for 3600 seconds, and it counts down from 1 hour so everything is exact. When a step is complete, you tick a box, and you know it has been done.
No more missing a hop addition, or forgetting when you started boiling. There is an audible alarm to help you.
If you haven't seen it, you got to give it a look.
Brewtarget

Back