Tips for keeping organized.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerkench

Reaction score
Hey,
I'm a noob and just having completed my second batch, I've come to realize that it's certainly a messy job brewing beer. I somehow manage to get beer and water everywhere, running in and out rinsing off things.
I am wondering how you guys and gals keep your brew days organized and would sure love any tips on running things smoothly and efficiently.
I am thinking some big bath tubs would help. One to wash everything in at once and one for the bottling, siphoning to avoid spills.

I tried being clean but failed miserably. So know I brew outside or in the garage so I can hose things off. If its to hot outside I end up mopping up the kitchen floor afterwards. Since I took up brewing my floors have never been cleaner.

I made a pre brewing cleaning check list, a step by step brew day time line, and a post brewing cleaning list. Really helped my starting up and while I don't need them anymore I keep them to make sure I stay organized. Sucks to need something and realize you forget to clean it.

Lots of cheapo buckets. I usually have three or four clean and empty before I start my brew day. Sanitizer can go in one after you dump it from your ale pale. Hot water from your chiller can go in one for cleaning/soaking. Spent grain in a couple so you can clean your tun. Etc etc. Water and sanitizer everywhere is somewhat unavoidable but can be minimized.

Back