Wttf dogfish head 120

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gregman12

Reaction score
have been trying for years to get my hands on one of these guys! can anyone help me out? i have access to local breweries in NC and my brother owns a craft beer bar in NC as well. I have multiple home brew items as well! please please please allow me the chance to try the 120!

If you haven't tried start with the Fish Finder

http://www.dogfish.com/brews-spirits/fish-finder.htm

I'd also recommend if a place is listed as having it ask them, most places put it behind the counter.

You can also email your distributor for Dogfish, that's found here

http://www.dogfish.com/company/distributors/our-wholesalers.htm

Good luck finding it, took us some time, and it isn't cheap. We're currently setting up a vertical tasting of 120 if I can get my stupid family on the same page we have like 7 bottles which would give us a healthy sample, I was thinking of doing every 2 years but even at 1year increments it should be interesting.

In my opinion it is one of the most overrated beers ever. If you do find one I hope you're not disappointed. People either love it or hate it. Where are you located that you can't get it, I can find it in Midland TX on a regular basis.

Where at in nc do you live? I saw some 120 at the Davidson Beverage Company last week in meck county

I live in Wilmington and In NC it is illegal to sell. Is their anyway I could purchase 1 or 2 from any of y'all? Ill make it worth your time! Say 40 bucks and a 5 gallon class carboy never used?

I have heard u either hate it or love it. I love the 60 and 90 so hopefully I do!

You willing to ship to clt? How much are you wanting? Why is it illegal to sell?

Had one in Big Rapids, MI once. Good beer, but not even close to the price IMO. I'd probably spend the $10 to try a bottle again if I'd never had it, but I don't see buying it again at that price.

Yes no problem! Because of the alcohol content, bars aren't allowed to carry it and I'm not sure about the stores I have looked and looked and cannot find them. Do You have some 120?

I think some states have limits on what can be considered beer. In California I beileve anything above 18% falls into the hard alcohol/spirits category and the import laws are different. I have had 120min before and it was good. It's basically a hoppy barleywine IMHO (I tasted some distinct sherry notes). I paid 18 bucks for the bottle after thinking about it at a bar (in WA state after a few pints). I probably wouldn't get it again as $18 for a 12oz beer is way too expensive in my opinion. I did get one gifted to me thats aging in my basement though.

40 bucks and a carboy is way too much money for that in my opinion. Just try to make a clone with that money! I understand the desire to try beers. Anyone want to pay me 40 bucks and a carboy for a growler of Pliny the Younger ;)

I am actually on travel for work for the next couple of months so I am not near it at the moment... sorry buddy. goodluck

Latest posts

Back