resizing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty much yes. Make sure to cut the hops amount in half too.

Yes, but to be exact 5.5 gallon would be 1/2 a batch, this will also allow for 1/2 gallon trub loss and leave you with 5 gallons of beer.

Cheers :mug:

I've never used hopville before. But if you entered the same recipe into brewersfriend.com there is a built in option to size it however you want. But yea, if you cut it in half and expect 5.5 in the fermenter you should be fine.

I've never used hopville before. But if you entered the same recipe into brewersfriend.com there is a built in option to size it however you want. But yea, if you cut it in half and expect 5.5 in the fermenter you should be fine.

u guys rock....i just used brewersfriend....thanks i didnt realize i needed to cut the hops in half as well

400 # Monkey is pretty good stuff. If you like flavor and aroma you could just cut the 90, 60, and 45 minute hops in half and leave the short addition and dry hop at the 11 gallon level. If it ends up too hoppy (yeah right!) just age it longer as these are the fist to fade anyway...

Back