WTF Need more surgery!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Germelli1

Reaction score
I am so pissed! I am 21 and had reconstructive surgery on my shoulder two years ago. Now my other shoulder is doing the EXACT same thing that the other one was before surgery. I knew I had dislocated both of them 4-5 times each but the left one was never as bad as the right, which I got surgically reconstructed.

I am just pissed since the military told me they probably wouldn't take me due to the single surgery and I just needed to vent a little

Judo? Jujitsu? Some other martial art? Other than motorcycle racing, I can't think of any other way that someone would have dislocated their shoulders 4-5 times each...

Sorry to hear about your pain...

Rugby :)

I am hoping that the surgeon will tell me physical therapy will fix it, but it is acting 100% the same way the other was before it got fixed. When ever I do incline bench press, military press or high weight bench press it pops and feels like it is going to fail. My physical therapist told me a year ago best case scenario it is a tendon or ligament (not sure the distinction any more between them) that is damaged and snaps/rolls over the joint as it extends

That's bad news. My left knee does odd things occasionally, but I've been able to avoid surgery.

sorry to hear man. what'd you play, front row?

i was a winger in college. i'm 26, and my knees are now garbage. really beats you up.

fun game, tho.

I play flanker, second row, and 8man. At least last surgery I was in the shape of my life and had a resting heart rate of <50 BPM. Ah I miss the days when I could consume 5000 calories and lose weight!

Now days, not so much haha.

Thanks for all the kind words!

8man has to be the funnest position for a big guy.

as a small guy, i'd have liked to play scrumhalf. we had a really, really good scrummie tho.

good luck man.

Thanks a bunch! #8 is definitely my favorite position but I have made my way on teams as a strating second row so that is my main position.

Back