If I only had 27K

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can get new 3bbl for that price, used 7's every now and then for around that +- a few grand.

-bn

bbl (US) = 31.5 gallons or 119 liters.
The Sanke Keg used by many for kettles is 1/2 bbl.
7 bbl (98 cases of 12 oz bottles) is a common small brew length.

Well I learned something new at least...bbl is a barrel. I don't think I've ever seen that measurement (bbl) before.

half?? I have a 45 gal system that was far less than a quarter of that.

It is the jacketed fermenters that is pushing the cost sky high and I would debate anyone on whether or not you NEED a jacketed fermenter or could easily find other solutions.

half?? I have a 45 gal system that was far less than a quarter of that.

It is the jacketed fermenters that is pushing the cost sky high and I would debate anyone on whether or not you NEED a jacketed fermenter or could easily find other solutions.

mine was a modest post... i was trying to be as general as possible as to not spark a cost debate. i've seen your system and it rocks balls :rockin:. there are many many factors that could drive the cost, i was simply saying that a system could be much cheaper.

This is the most unique brew system on the planet

It's MORE unique than anything else! Nothing compares to how unique it is! If you were to compare something to it, it wouldn't! There. Is. Nothing. Else. Like it.

It's MORE unique than anything else! Nothing compares to how unique it is! If you were to compare something to it, it wouldn't! There. Is. Nothing. Else. Like it.

LOL.... not only can you make beer with "full grain" but extract too!!!

It boggles the mind!

... and sorry defenestrate... wasn't trying to be argumentative at all. I gotta get a pic or two of my contraption up again. I odn't have any pics of the current one. All of the pics I have are of Contraption 1.0. There have been upgrades! :ban:

But to the OP's point, YES, I wish I had $27k to spend on a sweet system! I do think you could find even nicer ones for that size chunka change though.

If it could make 40K a month, why sell it? Sounds like the market said otherwise. I'd wait till no one makes an offer and give him a scrap metal price. I'm not being a jerk, I closed a business. There is a point when the owner realizes this only has value to a niche market. To everyone else it's just metal. He won't get buyers in this market. Offer him a scrap metal price. It's business, thats all.

Back