Hallertauer hops extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loodachris

12th man loud and proud!
Reaction score
So on a recent trip to Germany to visit the wife's family I was asked by the neighbor who works for the local brewery if I wanted some hops extract. Of course I said yes so the next day I received about 6oz of Hallertauer hops extract problem is neither of us knows how much to use. He said it's 5.5% AA but on a 5 gallon batch I have no idea how much to use. I can't find much info on this and would rather not ruin a batch of beer with too much. Also how long would you say it's good for being in a larg baby food jar in the fridge? Hope this is the right place to post this. Thanks

Nobody huh? Well I guess I'll just have to experiment with amounts each batch until I can tell.

I saw that on the northern brewer site too and that's pretty much all I can go by at this point the only problem is the extract I have is much much thicker then that at least that's what it looks like. There is no way I can put my ectract in a syringe and be able to add it without warming it up first to let it turn into more of a liquid. Maybe when I get home I'll take a picture of it? I got so much of the stuff I might just offer some out to people who want to try it as well?

Back