dimensions for 3 gallon corny keg for dual kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crypt0

Reaction score
Hey all.

So I'm converting my 3.4 cubic foot danby fridge into a kegerator, and as expected its too small for 2 5 gallon corny kegs. I'm thinking that if I could find a 3 gallon corny keg, it may fit on the hump/comrpessor at the back though. Does anyone know the dimensions of a 3 gallon keg so I can take some measurements?

Thanks!

With attached connections, my 3 gallon needs 18" height X 8" diameter to clear.
It had a single handle, but i removed it.

sorry for reviving a (somewhat) dead threat. Empty your message box cryp0 ;)

Just curious if you completed your conversion and if the 3g and 5g cornys fit into the 3.4 cu ft fridge (with co2). Just picked one up and was hoping to convert it.

No worries :)

I never bothered. It would be so tight that I called it a day with one keg. It's actually pretty tight with just the one keg + 5lb CO2. I'm kinda starting to wish I'd gone with a bigger mini fridge so i could have gone dual tap though (2 x 5 gallon).

So based on your 1 5g keg + co2, you don't think a 3g would fit?

Anyone else tried this - 5g + 3g + co2 in 3.4 cu ft minifridge?

Based on the cost of 3 gal cornys compared to 5 gal cornys you might consider just buying a larger mini fridge that would fit two 5 gal kegs.

I agree with kmat. You will be much happier with 2 x 5 gallon cornies, unless you already have the fridge

does this help?

kegcapacity.jpg

ETA: oopps, I guess not.

I agree with kmat. You will be much happier with 2 x 5 gallon cornies, unless you already have the fridge

I do have the fridge, that's part of the problem. I was able to pick it up (basically brand new) for a very good price ($40). I think I may have convinced one of my friends to buy it off of my for a fermentation/lagering chamber though. I'm trying to find a good deal on a 4.4/4.6 cu ft fridge now.

So based on your 1 5g keg + co2, you don't think a 3g would fit?

Anyone else tried this - 5g + 3g + co2 in 3.4 cu ft minifridge?

my minifridge is pretty small, but I'm able to fit a 3g and co2 tank on the back bump and 5g infront of them. Again, not sure of the size of my fridge. I'll try to post a pic later.

Back