First AG, is my milled grain are ok?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bock

Reaction score
Hi everybody! Im planning to brew my first AG beer this weekend. I also bought a corona style mill. I already looked some picture of crushed grain but i would like to have a yes or no from you guys.

Here it is.
img1017zv.jpg

Thank you.

Looks like milled grain to me maybe a little coarse..... It's hard to tell without actually seeing it. Only way to tell is to figure you efficiency when you brew... If you have low efficiency you may have to make adjustments to you grist.

Bock said:
Hi everybody! Im planning to brew my first AG beer this weekend. I also bought a corona style mill. I already looked some picture of crushed grain but i would like to have a yes or no from you guys.

Here it is.

Thank you.

To me it looks a little course. Tighten the gap, if you don't have gap feelers then use a credit card, it should be about .033-.035, that's what mine is set to.

If you can't tighten it up, run it through a second time

Thank you. I will tighten up the screw a bit more. I'll try to find my feeler gage!

Back