Keeping Cool

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VegasBrewMan

Reaction score
Ok, quick question.

I currently live in las Vegas and as you may know it gets really warm here. I have a yorkshire bitter in primary for about five days now. I am leaving out of state for the next two days and cannot run the air condition the while time i am gone. The temp doesnt get any hotter than 82/F inside while there is no air conditioning. Any ideas on how i can keep the fermenting brew cool?

I was thinking maybe cool water in the bathtub and let it just sit in that while I am gone?

Bathtub would work. Also, drape a t-shirt over the jug, which will wick up water and provide cooling through evaporation.

Also, after five days your active fermentation is probably over, so a brief temperature spike won't really have too much of a bad effect. So, don't worry!

I wouldn't worry too much five days in. any off flavors you encounter from fermentation temps usually come from the first few days of fermentation....In my experience

Latest posts

Back