Where can I get 6g SS pot and not spend a fortune?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agurkas

Reaction score
Just came back from a local store restaurant supply store. $120 for 6 gallon SS pot. Don't want to deal with the weak aluminum.

Any places online I can get that for under $100 or are there other local places I should look like?

Are there any decent places online I can find those in? I need to get some 1L swing-top bottles and a 3 gallon carboy for a secondary, since I want to do 2.5 gallon batches, until I have learned how to brew well.

You can try here. This company runs a lot of restaurant related businesses here in central PA and I've had a great experience dealing with them.

weak aluminum ?? Damn, guess I should stop flying on planes. I use a nice 10 gallon heavy duty aluminum, got it at Smart and Final for about $70. It heats up faster than stainless, and the price is more reasonable.

weak aluminum ?? Damn, guess I should stop flying on planes. I use a nice 10 gallon heavy duty aluminum, got it at Smart and Final for about $70. It heats up faster than stainless, and the price is more reasonable.

I implied weakness due to the metal being finicky with most cleaning solutions.

Take a ride to local spots that tend to deal in discount clothes and home goods. Around here we have TJ Maxx and Marshalls. Last week I picked up a SS 8 gallon pot for $70.

The local Wal-Mart has big old turkey fryer-style aluminum pots for around $30 or so. They're stashed away in back of my local one but they're there.

I implied weakness due to the metal being finicky with most cleaning solutions.

What the hell do you do to your pot man? Sometimes I don't even have to use more than hot water and a sponge. A little dish soap added to the mix will easily remove anything. I never understood why people still use SS pots.

I never understood why people still use SS pots.

Over time SS tends to clean up nicer and be more resistant to dings and damage. When I clean my aluminum pots in the sink they leave grey marks behind; obviously it's parts of the pot being worn off.

My aluminum brewpot looks like its been through a war. I wouldn't consider installing a weldless thermometer or anything else on it because the metal is so thin. Upgrading to SS would be nice for those features.

Over time SS tends to clean up nicer and be more resistant to dings and damage. When I clean my aluminum pots in the sink they leave grey marks behind; obviously it's parts of the pot being worn off.

My aluminum brewpot looks like its been through a war. I wouldn't consider installing a weldless thermometer or anything else on it because the metal is so thin. Upgrading to SS would be nice for those features.

Hey, an ugly pit brews good beer. Also, the pot being thin doesn't have to do with the metal. You can get a nice thick 40qt aluminum pot for well under 50.

However if shiny is what you are after in a pot then SS is the way to go.

Found a 25qt SS lobster pot on CL locally for $40. Might be too good to be true.

You can find them at wal mart for less then 30 bucks. Thankfully I have an old one from my mother in law.

Back