So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to cancel today's brewing session.

The gifted temp controller turned out to be a POS.

Guess I should take this opportunity to clean the garage...

I'm brewing a mild right now. This is also the first official brew of everything that I am getting ready for this next NHC in San Diego. If everything goes to plan I should have 20+ beers ready come submission deadline.

This round of beers are dark English beers that are all going to made from this mild's pitch of WLP-002, so this brew wil split to make a Southern English Brown and an Oatmeal Stout. From those I'm making a Sweet Stout and my experiment with the kiln coffee malt.

After that I have a round of Bitters, Ordinary, Special, and ESB, and a round of all the beers I'll make from a pitch of Scottish ale yeast, a 60, 70, 80, Wee Heavy and Irish Red. From there will be a bunch of lagers and then the hoppier American beers that I want a fresh hop flavor and aroma.

made a vow to myself to try to brew more often. i plan to brew a wheat beer tomarrow as long as i can get to the homebrew store today. :mug:

finnally got to my bavarian hefeweizen this evening. just a simple all-extract recipe. start at 6:45 with setting up and i turned the burner off just over a 1/2 hour ago. i'm about to go transfer the wort to the fermenter. :mug:

i might plan to do a mr.beer 2 1/2 gallon pale ale next week. :mug:

I wanted to do a pumpkin ale, but I decided on something darker...much darker.
I'm prepping for Black Cat Peculiar Porter. :mug:
Missing a 3# bag of Dark DME though and I don't have a LHBS :(
Anyone wanna donate? :D

Our stove just died... but I'm going to see if I can brew using the side burner on our propane grill.

Dead Guy clone (partial) *crossing my fingers*

Bottling Deception Cream Stout this weekend and hoping to brew my Oktoberfest on Monday (OktoberFAST). I like to enjoy Oktoberfest at the end of October as I typically don't like pumpkin beers. If anyone has any pumpkin beer suggestions let me know. I'm open to try them again as the season approaches.

Wanted to brew a Kolsch last weekend but it was SWMBO's bday so I decided I'd better not brew and spend some time doing her stuff. This weekend I'll be making up for it by brewing the Kolsch and a Vanilla Porter. It's green chile season here in New Mexico so I also plan on buying a sack of chiles, roasting, peeling, and chopping them as well. I definitely will not be making a green chile beer though.

Today is my very first brew day ever!! I'm putting together a brown ale extract kit that was packaged by my LHBS. It consists of Briess extracts.

Hold thumbs for me please!!

So, I'm breaking with my plan to do BM's Black Pearl Porter and will be doing an OctoberFAST instead. Wanted something malty.

Plus, it's my birthday!

Today, I'm breaking down and cleaning kegs for fermenting and picking up supplies. Hurricane Earl should blow in some nice and cool weather for a brew day tomorrow.

Brewing a my first Pumpkin Ale! Going to try and do two brews in one day again. Also doing my Irish Red.

brewing ed worts haus ale tonight, first AG.

I had 3 glasses of it last night. The recipe says not to age it much, but I found after 4-5 weeks the beer got a lot better and the taste changed completely for the good.

I am brewing a Lemongrass Wheat this weekend. I was going to do BM's blonde, but pushed it back another week as I want to get the Lemongrass Wheat in before the weather gets colder.

Brewing 6 gallons of dubbel and bottling 6 gallons of tripel and 6 gallons of Rye PA.

Five gallons of Pumpkin Ale tomorrow. Using 50/50 Munich/Golden Promise and adding toasted oats, lactose powder and a vanilla bean in secondary, just for something different. Sunny and 68oF - first <75oF high we've had in weeks. Should be perfect brewing weather.

Just finished cleanup from an American Wheat with 1/2 lb of honey malt. Cleaned 6 kegs, so I could keg the Watermelon Wheat, so I could reuse the yeast for today.

I think there's a leak in my regulator setup. :(
Fairly new 20lb tank, but the flow is really slow, and the gauges move very slowly back up after pulling the purge button. I could barely seal the lid on my keg today with the regulator set at 32 psi. I really should start turning the tank off when not in use.

Going to brew sometime this weekend. 10 gallons of porter, or 12 gallons of a clean, cascade hopped blonde - just harvested and dried my homegrown hops. Can't decide.

Back