what's this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fun_ny_farm

Reaction score
Hey guys! I bottled some wine about 8-12 months ago. Not too long after I noticed some funky stuff on the side of the bottle(they were laying flat. I noticed it in bannana/apple and bueberry. I think it might be sediment or something like that. I was able to get a few pics of the bannana/apple.
Just wanted some thoughts.Am I not racking enough or not using enough pectic enzyme. Or is it something else all toghether?
P1000267.jpg
<br>
P1000266.jpg

Looks like it didn't clarify completely.

How long did it sit in secondary prior to bottleing.

This has happened to me on most of my early meads

well, I racked several times and total time in secondary was anywhere from 6-10 months. I did use raisens in the bannana and I will not use them ever again because they break down and leave nasty sediment that has always shown up no matter how long it sits. I think the trick may be to simply leave them in for a few dqays a most and get every single one out.
Dinich, how are you now avoiding this problem? Just letting it mellow in secondary longer?

I usually use a clarifier in the 6th or 7th month, 3rd or 4th racking amd wait.

Back