Beer calculus

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EvanLouis

Reaction score
Anyone else hate the new site? It doesn't have buckwheat or millet.

What, you mean Brewtoad now? Sure it does. I've got those ingredients in several new recipes made on that site. Not that it really matters, it's easy enough to add your own ingredients. I've added quite a few since the switch. The weirder thing to me is the sudden disappearance of Lallemand Danstar dry yeasts. I also miss the loss of a difference between "steeping" grains and "partial mash", and I hate that you have to publish a recipe to add a brew log to it or do a variation on it (used to be you could keep it private and still add that info to it if you wanted).

definitely dislike the new sites. wish they'd bring back the original site from over a year ago.

igliashon said:
What, you mean Brewtoad now? Sure it does. I've got those ingredients in several new recipes made on that site. Not that it really matters, it's easy enough to add your own ingredients. I've added quite a few since the switch. The weirder thing to me is the sudden disappearance of Lallemand Danstar dry yeasts. I also miss the loss of a difference between "steeping" grains and "partial mash", and I hate that you have to publish a recipe to add a brew log to it or do a variation on it (used to be you could keep it private and still add that info to it if you wanted).

Where the heck are those ingredients then? I searched buckwheat, malted buckwheat, kasha, millet, you name it, nothing.

Where the heck are those ingredients then? I searched buckwheat, malted buckwheat, kasha, millet, you name it, nothing.

I am perplexed by your problem. I go to "Add fermentables", then the "Browse fermentables" box comes up. I type in millet (or buckwheat, or quinoa, or whatever) and it pops up a list. Then I click "add" to whichever ones I want in the recipe, then click "add and close" in the upper right, and they are now in my recipe and ready for me to specify how much to add and whether it's mash, steep, boil, or late boil. I can post screenshots if necessary. We are talking about www.brewtoad.com, right?

Yeah brewtoad. I'm searching through fermentables right now and not finding buckwheat, millet, quinoa, rice syrup solids at all. It says no results each time. Am I not searching in the right spot?

I didnt see them and just added them, I like aspects of Brewtoad but its very unfriendly on the smartphone and wish it had Beer.XML import capabilities.

... and I hate that you have to publish a recipe to add a brew log to it or do a variation on it (used to be you could keep it private and still add that info to it if you wanted).

I guess they're trying to catch the social media train. I am enjoying playing around on it now with the new look and their active management of the site's functionality and relevancy. However, BS2 will probably eventually force me to choose where I spend time with brew data.

Yeah brewtoad. I'm searching through fermentables right now and not finding buckwheat, millet, quinoa, rice syrup solids at all. It says no results each time. Am I not searching in the right spot?

That is just bizarre. Let me upload my screenshots. I'm trying to make them attachments to this post, let's see if this works.

Screen Shot 2013-07-21 at 4.22.12 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-07-21 at 4.22.46 PM.jpg

What's weird to me is that there are multiple instances of the same ingredient all over the place....

That truly is bizarre. I recognize the page you're on and what you're clicking but it doesn't show up at all. Ill go look again.

Are you on a weird browser or something? Can you add ingredients? Maybe you should write to tech support there...anyone else having the same problem?

I can add stuff but that required me to put the specs of each ingredient in, which I guess I could look up. Ill try tech support though.

Back