Michigan-bound, 9/17-23...wanna get druck?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireBrewer

Assistant Brewer
Reaction score
We're heading up to southeast Michigan (Monroe County) in 6 weeks. Every time we come into town we hit Arbor Brewing, only about 45 mins away from my inlaws' house.

Anyone want to meet up for a few? Or somewhere other than Arbor Brewing? The only night I can't do is the 19th (Friday), we're going to Cedar Point. :D :rockin:

If I were you I would try Dragonmead in Warren for a change - Arbor Brewing is quite good, but Dragonmead blows it away IMO. Their Final Absolution Belgian Triple is unbelievable. Their pub doesn't have much as far as food, but they have a ridiculous amount of their beers on tap... Definitely worth the trip, and I would imagine it would be about the same drive as going to Ann Arbor. Plus, you don't have to deal with being in Weaselville.

http://www.dragonmead.com/

If I were you I would try Dragonmead in Warren for a change - Arbor Brewing is quite good, but Dragonmead blows it away IMO. Their Final Absolution Belgian Triple is unbelievable. Their pub doesn't have much as far as food, but they have a ridiculous amount of their beers on tap... Definitely worth the trip, and I would imagine it would be about the same drive as going to Ann Arbor. Plus, you don't have to deal with being in Weaselville.

http://www.dragonmead.com/

Yeah, Arbor's got nothing on Dragonmead...So definitely should hit it, and I'd meet up with you then...For me to go to Ann Arbor would mean a 90 minute drive each way from Port Huron...If you I pretty much pass by Dragonmead between work in Detroit and Home in Port huron..so it's not as bad.

Monroe county's a short drive from Toledo so I'd be in for any sort of get together there or even a bit further north. Seeing as the wife is due 9/15 my ability to attend will have to be VERY tentative.

Monroe county's a short drive from Toledo so I'd be in for any sort of get together there or even a bit further north. Seeing as the wife is due 9/15 my ability to attend will have to be VERY tentative.

We drive down to Toledo all the time, especially to hit Anderson's for their beer selection before we head home. ;) Will save you a seat but will understand if the baby decides to arrive. Congratulations on the impending!!! :mug:

Cool! Nice tap list at Dragonmead!

Question though: what's the best way to get there from Rt. 23 from the south? :confused:

Just under 4 weeks to go!! Ok, so Saturday, Sept. 20th. Roll call!

Me
Revvy
Mustangj

Who else?

I added a thread in the Michigan Masher's Club section as well...

http://groups.homebrewtalk.com/index.php?do=messagelist&threadid=199&groupid=11

Firebrewer, I was there yesterday for Dragonmead's 10th anniversary shindig, and tried some beers that I haven't tried yet. I had their Chili ale...WOW! Not something I would drink a lot of, but worth a try. And they had a Heather ale as well that was noteworthy!

threadsomuchgb4.jpg

One week and the 500 mile journey begins! :D

Do we want to meet up for lunch and some beers? Other time work better?

How's lunch on Saturday 9/20 sound Revvy?

And btw, any other Michigan brewers that wanna come by are of course more than welcome! I know there are a lot of you...:D

I might be in depending on how late you all are up there still, I won't be out of work until about 10:30 or so, but it's also ten minutes from my house...:mug:

The 20th probably won't work for me...They are judging best of Show for the Rennaisance Festival Comp, and I'd like to be there whether or not I hear if any of my beers make it to that round...But I could do the 18th or 19th after work....

I could do the 18th evening. 19th I'll be at Cedar Point. :rockin:

Mustangj? Chef? How's the 18th look for you guys?

Back