Need help on keeping a keg out of fridge.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mufflerbearing

Reaction score
It is a full keg and I need to know if I have to keep it super cold or if my 45 degree garage will be ok for a day? I can put it outside wrapped in a blanket but it will be 28 tonight. I just need it to stay good till my buddy picks it up tomorrow sometime. Full keg of Yuengling Lager for 70 bucks. Not bad seeing how he is going to pay me back for it and I get to keep the keg. Thanks. MB

Posted in kegging forum but no help yet. Just need to wrap this up so I can get ready for family tomorrow. I will understand if admin needs to move this post.

Dude, the 45 degree garage will do fine. Most fridges don't get below the 40's, so yeah just pull it out and let it sit on the concrete in the garage. It's fully carbed in the keg and is probably in no danger of freezing.

It was included in the price. 70 bucks total keg and all. I asked if I could keep it he (store owner) said sure. He actually wanted it to add to his home brew setup but then he found I was a brewer also and told me to keep it. I agree with you jeep. It is too much like stealing IMO.

It was included in the price. 70 bucks total keg and all. I asked if I could keep it he (store owner) said sure. He actually wanted it to add to his home brew setup but then he found I was a brewer also and told me to keep it. I agree with you jeep. It is too much like stealing IMO.

It isn't his to give you, it belongs to the brewery. It isn't like stealing, it is stealing

This thread has gotten ridiculous.

Stealing is stealing, and if people have no qualms about it, that is their choice. Please google/search for keg stealing, and find what the actual value of the keg is to the brewery and who the keg belongs to. In some states (like Michigan), the deposit price is set very low and far below the value of the keg, due to state law.

If people wish to circumvent the law, this is not the forum to discuss it and this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back