Apple Raspberry Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chachie

Reaction score
New to the forum, Just wanted to put this out there and see what everyone thinks of it and get some tips.

I am going to do an Apple Raspberry cider. SWMBO and i both really like the Raspberry Shocktop as well as raspberry ciders so that is the flavor I am looking for; prominent but not overpowering. With that being said check out the recipe below and let me know what you think. Note: this is just the potential recipe, nothing has been brewed yet.

9 Gal Walmart apple juice
3 cans apple/ras concentrate
2 bags frozen raspberries, blended
X amt brown sugar?
Nottingham ale yeast

I would like it to produce about 7.5% abv. I will be kegging this in a 15 gal keg just becuase that is what is available to me and i dont have the room in my apt for a bunch of bottles.

New to the forum, Just wanted to put this out there and see what everyone thinks of it and get some tips.

I am going to do an Apple Raspberry cider. SWMBO and i both really like the Raspberry Shocktop as well as raspberry ciders so that is the flavor I am looking for; prominent but not overpowering. With that being said check out the recipe below and let me know what you think. Note: this is just the potential recipe, nothing has been brewed yet.

9 Gal Walmart apple juice
3 cans apple/ras concentrate
2 bags frozen raspberries, blended
X amt brown sugar?
Nottingham ale yeast

I would like it to produce about 7.5% abv. I will be kegging this in a 15 gal keg just becuase that is what is available to me and i dont have the room in my apt for a bunch of bottles.

I just brewed a raspberry cider with Notty, it's awesome, it's now sitting in secondary on a pound and a half of raspberries, just wanted to boost up the color a bit before bottling, check out the recipe just search agents raspberry cider. But from what I see your recipe looks good, not sure if u will need more sugar to get to 7.5, but just use a hydrometer and add sugar if you need it, mine is around 6 to 6.5 and tastes refreshing, my recipe made just over six gallons. Can't wait to carb up. Happy brewing:mug:

I would also watch out about blending your berries, I've read on here that chopping up seeds can lead to off flavours, maybe soaking them and squeezing through a nylon bag or cheese cloth would be better and adding the juice.

Well i got it started. Waiting for the juice to cool before i pitched the yeast, and of course now is the time my thermometer decides to kick the bucket. I ended up using 9 gal of juice, 4 12oz apple/raspberry, 2lbs of sugar( i like my cider sweet) and .5 gallons of water. Looks like (without knowing the temp) the OG is right about 1.065.

Ok so apparently my apartment was a little hot. Primary was bubbling furious the first three days and then slowed to a trickle yesterday and then almost completely stopped today. should I check the gravity and leave it alone? Rack it at a week instead of 2? For reference I'm using notty yeast and my apt was around 80*. I started the primary last Friday.

Back