Best style of beer for making a fruit beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno, a Blueberry Porter could be interesting it you mash it high. I oughta try that some time.

But yeah, wheat or blonde. Also, fruit seems to go well with sorghum--it makes a fairly light-bodied beer--so if you're inspired to try a gluten-free batch it's worth considering.

I was going to chime in with "wheat", but I will throw in saison as well. I had an excellent watermelon saison last summer at a local beerfest. It was by far the most talked about beer there, and of course it came from the only homebrew club there. ;)

It also depends on how style/clearing focused you are. The fruit can contribute some cloudiness that is hard to get rid of. So wheat gives you the comfort of knowing it is supposed to look lke that!

Personally I am a fruit beer nut so I could care less how it looks. I usually try a fruit with either wheat or blonde and then try it with the other to see which I like better.

You for sure cant go wrong with a Wheat...... Saison sounds great too! If you are wanting to get wild with it you could go with a stout or porter! I had an Oatmeal Peach stout a fellow homebrewer made that was as tasty as peach oatmeal. I also had a blackberry porter that was tart and malty and was suprizingly good!

Back