Not your typical label.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GDubya

Reaction score
Ok so I have this long drawn out idea for a brewpub that involves loosely theming it around the Cold War. Since it wouldn't involve bottling I figured I could make "propaganda" posters for each brew. There could also be events based on this theme (Costume night? Best Era Impersonation? I dunno). Anyway the place could be called Stick Man Brew Pub or SMB. Mainly because each figure in a poster is a stick figure. Anyway this is really just a silly idea I based a whole stick people universe on (everything is funnier if it involves stick people right?). At any rate I could just call my brewery Stick Man Brewery and put the posters up in my house and wonder why I don't have friends hahaha.

This first one is the Brew Pub Logo text will be added around the circle:
SMBLOGOFIN.jpg

This is the USA (United STICKS of America HAH get it! I hate myself) symbol:
STICKSAFIN.jpg

This is the USSR (United Soviet Stick Republic...I know I know I should be more creative):
StickSRFin.jpg

Here are the links to the two posters I've done. I didn't add them as an image cause they are quite large (at least on my computer) and I didn't want to resize I'm going for a kinda worn, old, dirty, propaganda type of look. I don't really know I feel about it all. Everything is subject to change and/or completely being scrapped.

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc452/GmanDubya/BEER/MStoutfin.jpg
http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc452/GmanDubya/BEER/wheatreal.jpg

Let me know what you think. I'm obviously no graphic designer or artist in anyway whatsoever I'm also completely unoriginal and not at all creative. Please keep that in mind while you tear my handiwork apart haha thanks :D

I thought about red but I was concerned it might not show up that well. Maybe keep the blue as the main logo and just change the color for the different posters? Blue works on the wheat one but I don't think it looks very good on the Stout poster. I didn't really have anywhere to put it so I put it on his hat...red would have been a better choice there for sure. Thanks

Hey the hammer and sickle are what I have for my bottle caps and the red star with them for labels. I like them the cold war is the same thing I was going with for my brews. I like it

I not sure I get it... but I really like it. That American wheat poster is very cool.

Latest posts

Back