The stupidest comment on your beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the idiots who are like... "dude this is good lets make some more and sell it! You could pry make a ton of money!"

i just, at that point, disengage from the conversation.

I can't stand the *****ebags who drink my beer and are all like "Wow, this is really good, I'm impressed! You could do this for a living, it's better than a lot of the stuff I pay for."

Really, that sort of stuff pisses me off.

Yeah compliments who needs em... I had a friend tell me my Porter was good enough to sell and he would be willing to buy the ingredients if I would make him more. I punched him in the face and walked off. :rockin::drunk::ban:

I had a friend tell me my Porter was good enough to sell and he would be willing to buy the ingredients if I would make him more. I punched him in the face and walked off.
He got off lightly, as far as I'm concerned. You're too nice, man - you should have stabbed him repeatedly as well.

I tell ya, the nerve of some people...

Yeah the other day having tried pretty much all of my brews since I started last year my dad tried my first american ipa having not tried one before. He said, "****! This is really good, its like nothing Ive tried before and you could almost sell this one. Last time I give him one of my beers :mad:

Yeah the other day having tried pretty much all of my brews since I started last year my dad tried my first american ipa having not tried one before. He said, "****! This is really good, its like nothing Ive tried before and you could almost sell this one. Last time I give him one of my beers :mad:

Man, my dad would be dead to me if he EVER said something like that!

I told my friends that I brewed an American Light Ale.

"Ooh cool! Is that a lager?"

Not that bad really, just trying to post an actual dippy quote instead and break the trend of the last page and a half.

I told my friends that I brewed an American Light Ale.

"Ooh cool! Is that a lager?"

Not that bad really, just trying to post an actual dippy quote instead and break the trend of the last page and a half.

Good thing they didn't tell you it sounded great, you would have had to kill them!
:ban:

I love the last couple pages. Someone complains about a compliment; everyone mocks him/her for it for a while. Then someone complains about a compliment, namely "I would totally buy this" or "this is good enough to sell"; mocking ensues.

Rinse, repeat.

So either:
A) People only read the most recent post (or none at all) and ignore the previous 2-3 posts

or

B) People don't understand sarcasm

:off: Sorry, back on track. Two new ones:

The topic arose of hops being related to "the devils cabbage" arose somehow between a friend and myself:
Friend: "Dude, there's no way they are related."
Me: "I'm telling you, it's true. Look it up"
Friend: "Yeah, well how come beer doesn't get you high, even really hoppy ones?"
Me: *Face-palm*

While brewing with a friend
Me: *Sipping a little on the OG sample*
Friend: "Can I try?" Sips "Oh GOD! Worst beer I've ever had"
Me: "Well, it's just the sugary liquid you add the yeast to. The yeast then turn the sugar into alcohol and CO2"
Friend: "How long does that take?"
Me: "For this beer? [BM's Centennial Blonde] Probably about 2-3 weeks"
Friend: "Dude, why don't you just dump some everclear in there? Much faster"
Me: .......

Good thing they didn't tell you it sounded great, you would have had to kill them!
:ban:

homebrewrage.png

Coming from a friend of mine who likes a lot of different micro brews and has enjoyed a lot of other beers of mine, didn't like my most recent batch of Peach Cream Ale. "It tasted yeasty"

What???

Coming from a friend of mine who likes a lot of different micro brews and has enjoyed a lot of other beers of mine, didn't like my most recent batch of Peach Cream Ale. "It tasted yeasty"

What???

Well................. does it taste yeasty?

Referring to some comments here, I've learned that sometimes it's better to be polite than right, but eh to each his own.

Referring to some comments here, I've learned that sometimes it's better to be polite than right, but eh to each his own.

And sometimes it's better to let people know when they are incorrect so they can understand the world around them, instead of living in ignorance.

(no idea which posts you are referring to :p)

There's a delicate balance between informing someone and coming off as a condescending *********. I think we've all done it at one point or another and later thought "wow, that was *****ey of me".

Definitely. I try to stay away from being a ******. Being an *******, however, is sometimes required :D

Oh well, that's different.

Kind of like an enima. A little bit of both. *****baggery and a$$holelism. :D

I intend to be like this to dufuses that I don't know or don't care if I see them again. To friends I take the time to explain things, patiently.

You can tell when they don't give a crap, I set them straight then change the subject.

I give up letting just letting anyone try my beer... Why waste a perfectly good beer on someone that doesn't know good beer just for them to say it taste like crap. Im tired of all the comments. Im going to start interviewing people before I let them try.
Ill start off with this question:
"Which do you prefer, Bud or Miller?"
If they say neither, I may let them try.

Oh and if they say Bud, Miller, or any of the others Ill get an empty bottle take it to the bathroom and fill it 3/4 full of water and the rest with piss and say "here this should be close, what do you say?"

Surprisingly I dont get very many stupid comments anymore.

Gave a really hoppy IPA to someone today that said "I dont usually like beers, but this is good. it is fruity to me." I took it as a compliment. It was hopped with warrior, centennial, simcoe, and amarillo.

I'm taking a keg of pale ale to my buddy's wedding; he and his fiance both love it. I'm wondering what sort of comments I'll get. BTW, another buddy is bringing 4 different homebrews including a barley wine so this could get interesting.

I serve carbonated water (keg) to people now and tell them it is Busch Ultra light. I add a few drops of yellow food coloring so it doesn't look like zima.

ROFLMAO!!! Okay.. that was pretty damned funny.

My boyfriend drinks a lot of crap beer. Case after case of Bud Light (this is perhaps why he is Mr. Right Now vs. "Mr. Right") and on occasion he'll buy Blue Moon or Sam Adams. He's tasted pretty much everything I bring home, Affligem, Chimay, Allagash, Unibroue, Goose Island, Leffe... I think it all tastes about the same to him.

I get the same shrug and Homer Simpson-esque "tastes like beer" response. He likes a beer if it comes with free swag - like the time he came home with 2 cases of Presidente because the hot chick at the package store was giving away free t-shirts.

Was no different when he tasted the homebrew, his only comment was "it's not very carbonated" and a later taste was met with "uh huh.. tastes like beer". I suppose it's a positive response that he didn't spit it out and go running for something to wash the taste out of his mouth. :cross:

ROFLMAO!!! Okay.. that was pretty damned funny.

My boyfriend drinks a lot of crap beer. Case after case of Bud Light (this is perhaps why he is Mr. Right Now vs. "Mr. Right") and on occasion he'll buy Blue Moon or Sam Adams. He's tasted pretty much everything I bring home, Affligem, Chimay, Allagash, Unibroue, Goose Island, Leffe... I think it all tastes about the same to him.

I get the same shrug and Homer Simpson-esque "tastes like beer" response. He likes a beer if it comes with free swag - like the time he came home with 2 cases of Presidente because the hot chick at the package store was giving away free t-shirts.

Was no different when he tasted the homebrew, his only comment was "it's not very carbonated" and a later taste was met with "uh huh.. tastes like beer". I suppose it's a positive response that he didn't spit it out and go running for something to wash the taste out of his mouth. :cross:

well the obvious solution to this problem is to get rid of "Mr. BMC" and find someone who does appreciate your brew. I'll Pm you my number... ;):tank:

I have a buddy who drinks Bud Light, exclusively! He has tasted every home brew I've made. Here are his comments:

IPA - "It's too bitter for my taste"
English Brown - "I can't taste the hops." "It's too heavy."
Hefeweizen - "I can taste the yeast" "Is it supposed to be cloudy"
American Pale Ale - "I don't like the grapefruit"

At least he has taste buds and will do my reloading. He did watch me brew a batch of beer while he drank his Bud Light. Wife doesn't drink at all.

I have another friend that would drink the dump bucket at the local home brew competition and comment, "Damn, that was a good beer!" He's no help either!! :D

Brought up a sixer of my first batch to unveil my new hobby (i've been keeping it on the DL to suprise my buddies). Its a cream ale.

From the same guy:
(first sip. crinkles nose.) "Ugh, it's really hoppy." (about 33 IBUs so yeah a little)
(halfway through) "What can you add to this to make it like Honey Weiss?" (Leinies)
(finishes glass) "Yeah you need a bunch of honey in this."

After the second bottle he did say it was pretty good. And now he's askin when my next one will be ready... so it ain't that bad.. haha

Kind of unrelated but kind of funny to me:

This book: CloneBrews, 2nd Edition: Recipes for 200 Brand-Name Beers [Paperback]

A 2 out of 5 stars review of it:

"I wasted my money. I thought this book would show recipes for cloning large commercial brewery brews like Bud, Keystone, Coors, Kokanee, etc., not the smaller Micro Brewerys. I can come up with my own Micro Brew beers. Again, I wasted my money."

And a 1 out of 5 stars review:

"Although it deserves more than one star, I'm trying to compensate for the blatant over-rating this book has received. It is obvious to me that many of the ratings are from friends or clients of their brewshop in Connecticut, USA(my home state)
The recipes seem fine for beginning to intermediate brewers, although I find them ridiculously precise with such beauties as "after 48 minutes of the boil, add so and so, then boil for 13 minutes, then add so and so and boil for 2 minutes, etc". Does boiling for 48 minutes make a different beer than boiling for 50 minutes?
What avid, advanced homebrewer would want to use these recipes for all-grain beers? Who honestly believes that you can "clone" beers using malt-extract recipes? And finally, what all-grain brewer ever goes back to using extracts once they have experienced the FAR SUPERIOR results of cereals?
I won't repeat other reviewers' negative comments (amazon.co.uk), but I wholeheartedly agree. I do regret having bought this book.
My advice for all who find this book excellent: try proper brewing with cereals and not extracts and you will experience a whole new world!"

Back