Air Stopper overflowed with foam!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SLEEPYDUB

Reaction score
Yea, so like i check my bucket today and the airstopper is like foaming over like crazy...i didnt really know what to do, and this website was down, so i took the stopper off and cleaned and sanitized it, and just put it back on after cleaning up the mess.

Im sure ill be fine, but what do you guys think

had that happen to me with a safale s-04. did exactly what you did - took out my airlock, cleaned it, and replaced it. beer turned out fine.

For future brews, it's a good idea to rig up a blowoff tube for the first 3-5 days of fermentation. After that, it's safe to switch back to an airlock. Otherwise, you risk blowing the lid off your bucket and spraying precious homebrew all over the walls! :D

I just cleaned it and its already full again!! Within 5 minutes of replacing it!!

What do i do? I dont have any hose...

ok i found some rubber hose that i sanitized, stuck in the hole, and looped it down into a cup with a little bit of sanitized water...

will that suffice?

as long as you got a tight fit. but you might want to get something a lil bigger than a cup so that it doesnt tip over

if you have a hose inside the rubber grommet it might be to small and get plugged

lol, its in my closet next to my bed and i can here the bubbles every second...

Its going to put me to sleep tonight like white noise...

Back