pacman

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronwillen

Reaction score
so to make a long story short...my number 2 dog shat in my bed (gotta love em) so while waiting for all my sheets to dry I was surfin around on rogues site thinking of a cool recipe to clone for next time I brew...and was thinkin...how do they create all their styles with one strain of yeast? like a hefeweizen for example...isnt most of the hefe taste from the hefeweizen yeast? what am i missing here....not that I really feel like culturing pacman..just wondering

I.m not sure they use Pac man for every beer...I don't recall if they use it for hefes, or lagers at all, It's been awhile since I hit the site...what I do know is that the brewmaster ferments Pacman at different temps for different beers...He ferments from 60 to 70 degrees...IIRC dead guy he does right at 60...

Different temps will produce different qualities and different ester profiles in the beer.

yeah the temperatures I have a good amount of experience with. I did a fridge-fermenter mod a while back. It seems strange to use one strain for all your brews...is this a typical thing for most commercial breweries?

i know that 'DARK HORSE' brewery in marshall, mi uses nottingham in all theirs even going so far as to ferment it down into the 50's

Back