What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was at the grocery store and saw that sierra had an imperial stout called Narwhal. I never knew they had a stout. Picked it up out of curiosity and it's actually pretty damn good.

I was at the grocery store and saw that sierra had an imperial stout called Narwhal. I never knew they had a stout. Picked it up out of curiosity and it's actually pretty damn good.

The Narwhal is great! Let 1 or 2 of them age for a couple months. They get even better. I just finished some Founders Dirty Bastard.

Vigo_Carpathian said:

I searched high and low for some at my store to no avail. Enjoy!

Oh lawdy. I moved on to my bottle of Boulevard Reverb Imperial Pilsner. Gods help us all.

Don't usually have this much (or late) but since I'm baking items for our holiday party, I figured this was appropriate.

image-4169949877.jpg

That's their extra fancy stout. SN has a regular stout called plainly "Stout" :) They also have a porter named "Porter".

That's odd, it's quite common here further east so I don't know why it would be unavailable there. You get Pliny and we don't for ****'s sake, so you should be able to get anything.
I'm sure it's around, just not at the most convenient place where I pick up beer (in fact outside of Celebration right now they are very lean on SN in general.) I got some Moo-Hoo and Rasputin so I'm not complaining that much! :tank:

Started with a few hefeweizens during dinner, but really craved some hoppiness so I cracked my first Cisco Indie Pale Ale. It was pretty good, but heavier on the hop bitterness than the flavor and aroma, so it didn't scratch my particular itch. So I opened an Avery IPA I just bought, but it must not be that fresh... still very good, but missing that awesome Simcoe/CCC aroma... so now I'm deeper than I wanted to be, and I have to crack something else... the search continues.

In the states do you have government liquor stores? Here in Ontario we have the LCBO where as long as the label is in both French and English we can buy it?

mcbaumannerb said:
I searched high and low for some at my store to no avail. Enjoy!

I instantly became a fan of the narwhal. Thinking about trying a clone next week even though it won't be ready to enjoy for the winter. Perfect timing for stout right NOW. The label says it has dark roasted coffee and cocoa. Great balance of flavors imo.

In the states do you have government liquor stores? Here in Ontario we have the LCBO where as long as the label is in both French and English we can buy it?

We had state run liquor stores in Washington until about 6 months ago. Now liquor is privatized...and the price went up. We'll be bringing back the government style regulation soon on marijuana though as we just legalized that...we'll see how well that works...

I just took gravities on my Kolsch, IPA, CDA, Pilsner, and SNCA clone. All are tasting great! Now to crack open this bomber of my RyePA.

a real hoppy 20% rye imperial red- tasty

SO f.....n proud I just blew the keg----oh well have another waitin

Williams-20121107-00134.jpg

reinstone said:
a real hoppy 20% rye imperial red- tasty

SO f.....n proud I just blew the keg----oh well have another waitin

What's the recipe on that? It looks delicious.

Stogie Holler Farm's Mutated Maniacal Screech brewed and bottled in Freedom, NH.

Recipe available upon proof of honorable intent, or just asking.

Just polished off a glass of my version of Chainsaw Brewing Warsteiner Dunkel Imitation ale. Now, time to get my butt outside for flame-out and chilling the wort!! Brewing a Brown Ale for a charity event next month.

Nuke, you outdid yourself brotha!!!

View attachment 88501

This is the understatement of the year, but this is one amazing IIPA!! Thanks again man!

Awesome! Very happy you're enjoying it. I got worried when I couldn't find Ghandi-bot but based on past experience with Resin I figured I wouldn't be steering you wrong with it. Right now, I'm drinking their IPA, Bengali Tiger. It's good, but I'll take Resin over it any day.

Attachments

• 20121214_180337.jpg
    20121214_180337.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 132

Latest posts

Back