Added 3/4 cup of corn sugar , ended up with 3.5 gallons of brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ubenumber2

Reaction score
I made a pale ale and due to siphon problems , newbie problems and a host of other issues I only ended up with 3.5 gallons out of 5, I added 3/4 cup of corn sugar to it before realized this , I didnt weigh it on my scale , got in a hurry and simply failed to do it. I have the bottles in a plastic storage tote with the lid on tight , just wondering if the carbonation will be too much , I just want it to be drinkable

I have had the same problem. Check them in two weeks. Then drink them all before they get too carbonated!

Thanks for the replys should be no problem drinking it before it gets too carbonated , unless I it doesnt taste good LoL

Check a bottle every day after one week. Once you get to your desired level simply put the rest of the bottles in the cold. This will shut down yeast activity and keep it from over carnonating your beers.

Latest posts

Back