What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homebrewed strong saison-OG 1.090, fermented at 90F for 3 weeks, FG 1.012. It has nothing but Pilsner, a little wheat and some raw Mexican sugar but it has a very citrusy flavor. Very easy to drink, easier to drink too much. I have a 2 pint limit on this one.

Getten' Hop Stoopid down at da Lagunitas, holmes...andale.

FxCam_1312605524888.jpg

Had some Festina Peche today from Dogfish.

Not near as sweet as I was thinking it would be. Haha, that's definitely a good thing though. I've got really burned out on sweet beers. Maybe it's just a summer thing.

Tonight having a few friends over for beers

Harpoon IPA
Stone pale ale
Yuengling
Arrogant Bastard (yummmmmmmmmm)

oh and some tequila ;)

Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye, im pooping my pants with an incredible love for rye ipa's.This one is not to miss!

I've had a Great Lakes Doppelrock & Crooked Tree IPA. Sipping a Laughing Dog Sneaky Pete Double IPA now.

4 beers at the multi tap tonight:
Atwater lager
Bells oarsmen
Youngs double chocolate stout
Fullers ESB

Yum!

Because everyone was drinking so much homebrew at my birthday party last night, I took the opportunity to dig into some commercial brews I had in my fridge that I'd been meaning to try.

Great Divide Oak Aged Chocolate Imperial Stout - Delicious

Deschutes Hop in the Dark - Perfect balance for a Black IPA. I'd say I enjoyed this more than Stone's Sublimely Self Righteous Ale.

Widmer X-114 - Smells very sweet and tastes very hoppy. Good hoppiness and very subdued malt character.

Shiner Oktoberfest - Just okay. Won't be buying again.

Aventinus Weizen-Eisbock - Very complex and tasty. Definitely smelled like the 12% ABV that it was but didn't taste that way. I will be buying this again if I can find it. (It was given to me as a gift.)

Samuel Adams Latitude 48 IPA - Pretty decent IPA. Honestly I wasn't expecting much of anything so I might have just been pleasantly surprised because of my low expectations.

I think that's all the beer I had last night. Luckily, I had a homebrewer buddy over so we split all of those. I can't quite put down all of those in an evening.

Smuttynose Pumpkin ale. A bit bitter in the mid-body and not my favorite by a long shot... But it's the first pumpkin ale I saw this season and now I'm geeked for fall and Halloween!!!

Smuttynose Pumpkin ale. A bit bitter in the mid-body and not my favorite by a long shot... But it's the first pumpkin ale I saw this season and now I'm geeked for fall and Halloween!!!

Its not even labor day yet, you are a victim of it all.Its hot as hell still.:p

Back