New bottles for homebrew!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tilldeath

Reaction score
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1012/1391356173_7f13e652f0.jpg?v=0
called codd bottles I've only drank ramune out of em but I think it would make for some unique home brew.
I know it will be a stretch that anyone here has heard of them but has anyone used them? I'm trying to get ahold of a few cases ATM and if I can would like to use em for home brew! Any thoughts or know where I can get them from?

Wikipedia it, but it should cause it holds carbonated soda. It is a plastic cap that is seated to the bottle. It has a hole on top to drink through but the hole is just small enough that the marble can't pass through and out of the bottle. Meaning before you drink you must push the marble down into the upper chamber of the bottle to open it.

you'd have to get them from the manufacturer. The marble is held into the plastic top, and there's a 'key' you use to pop the marble out. I don't think they're reusable.

If you want to pay for cost+shipping, I see if they still have them at the Japanese market...

B

Just had my first bottle of Ramune and immediately saw how cool it would be to bottle some brew in them. So of course I came to the forums here to see if it's possible to reseal the plastic cap after pulling it off.... Anyone had success with reusing these?

In the Asian District just north East of 23rd and Classen - At the Super Cao Nguyen at 25th and military.

[ame]http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=35.495508,-97.531557&spn=0.002577,0.006539&z=18&layer=c&cbll=35.495327,-97.531647&panoid=EIbxSLw86hb7ll0XF8Azcg&cbp=12,36.92,,0,3.45[/ame]

Had those when we were in Tokyo. The big problem, as I see it, is holding the marble up in place while the carbonation builds to push it up into the lid.

No sir, I don't see this working.

But Ramune is tasty!

I think there is a way to work this but i don't know what it is. I had a ramune from a street vendor at a festival in kamakura, I had to give the bottle back because he reuses them. it was a different style though, it was all glass, it didn't have that plastic thing on the top. That was years ago so i could be remembering wrong but i still think there's got to be a way.

Yeah, I saw a video on youtube of a guy resealing one, but it involved holding it upside down and filling it with air-in-a-can. Don't think that would work.....
My thought was to remove the plastic "cap" that the marble sits in, reinsert the marble, fill with brew, then replace the plastic cap with the marble already in place. Only problem is that I absolutely tore up the plastic marble holder trying to remove it.

Side note.... I'm not too worried about clear bottles... I keep wrapped in total darkness then I drink in my own house. Never had a problem before. I can see if I was giving them away how it could pose problems. I only give away beer in brown bottles.

Back