Beer2Go - Backwoods Version

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
My little 3 Gallon corny is turning out to be pretty versatile. I found my neoprene insulating sleeve in storage after 7 years. Whoo Hoo. Now it can go Off Road!

Here we have the keg.
Backpack1.jpg

Here it is with the neoprene insulating sleeve.
Backpack2.jpg

Here it is in the back pack. Note, there's even more room on the sides to put more foam rubber for more insulation during the hike.
Backpack3.jpg

Finally, here it is all closed up and ready to roll. The side pockets will contain the mini CO2 charging system and cartridges as well as the beer line with a picnic faucet.
Backpack4.jpg

This will come in very handy where the Beer2Go portable kegerator can't go. Plus it is a bit more inconspicuous.

YOU need to find someone who has that packing foam material (that makes form fitting foam packaging for shipping) and have them make you up a form fitting package that will hold your gel ice packs and corney keg in that pack.

kornkob said:
YOU need to find someone who has that packing foam material (that makes form fitting foam packaging for shipping) and have them make you up a form fitting package that will hold your gel ice packs and corney keg in that pack.

put a plastic bag in there around the corny. then fill with expanding foam

EdWort said:
Interesting. Hmm... Perhaps the foam packing peanuts would work as well.

it wouldnt be too hard to use the foam. then you could take it out as one piece. Line the inside of hte backpack with one plastic bag, the put the corny in the middle with another bag around it. pour the foam in and let it expand to one piece thats easily removed.

we do this alot with parts we ship out. im just bringing this up because foam peanuts have a tendency to go everywhere but where you want them

Chimone said:
it wouldnt be too hard to use the foam. then you could take it out as one piece. Line the inside of hte backpack with one plastic bag, the put the corny in the middle with another bag around it. pour the foam in and let it expand to one piece thats easily removed.

we do this alot with parts we ship out. im just bringing this up because foam peanuts have a tendency to go everywhere but where you want them

Cool. Where do you get the foam? Thanks!:mug:

One change I'd make: take whatever Gel Ice packs you plan to use to keep the beer cold and tape them to the keg where you'd like them to be when transporting the beer.

Also you might want to rig up a way to let the foam get under the keg, so that there's insulation on the bottom of your bag.

Back