quick eherms question for the ebrewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is way to long! Think I did 7 ft. The pot near the panel has a ton of slack. But when I moved, I switched the sides of my panel and did not have to change the cords

Haha ok....so better question...what do you think optical length is if you have the panel mounted to the stand

Mine is like 10' long and it's nice because I can route it out of the way, but too long for cleaning. If I were to do it again, I would add a plug to the back of my stand that connected to my panel so I would only need a short run from the kettle to the plug.

Are you going to clean in place? Do you want to move them and keep them plugged in. Do you clean in a sink or on the floor. Shorter is easier to manage, but can limit you movement.

Haha ok....so better question...what do you think optical length is if you have the panel mounted to the stand
Depends on many factors including kettle size, table size, distance to the control panel. There is no "one" answer.

Measure and figure out what you need. What everyone else uses is somewhat meaningless as it may not work for you.

Kal

Mine are 9 foot directly connected to control panel. I have 12 inch pig tails on my elements.

ForumRunner_20130724_211316.jpg

ForumRunner_20130724_211642.jpg

ForumRunner_20130724_211721.jpg

Back