Who's drinking less????????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm drinking less over the past 10 years as far as mega brewers and retailers are concerned.

30 pack of High Life a week or a mixed 12 of craftbrew plus homebrew make for less consumption by your's truly.

I actually drink less too. I used to chug swill and now I buy fancy stuff. I probably spend more, but I for sure drink less.

I'm holding steady at 3-6 pints over a weekend, and maybe 2 or 3 spread out over the rest of the week.

I'm drinking WAY WAY more.

I never drank Bud and Miller swill - tasted like . . .swill. I would get a gag reflex so I just didn't drink! Now with micro brews I drink every day LOL!! Seriously - at least 1 beer a day - Doctor suggested it.

Bull****….

Actually, the decrease in beer consumption I'll buy. From fizzy fruit drinks, *Whatever*-bombs, and mixed drinks at bars, I see fewer and fewer people drinking beer.

The wine thing is total crap though, unless they are talking about 14 year olds getting hammered on Boone's Farm.

Although there are alot of pretentious SoBs buying wine around here than used to and there is an increase in shelf space alloted at the local markets and liquor stores to "higher class" wines. You know, with a stupid artsy-fartsy label and a one word brand name.

*bah*

I read this earlier, notice how selective the sampling group is?

For the study, Ellison's team collected data on 8,000 people who took part in the Framingham Heart Study. People in the initial arm of the study were born before 1900 up until 1959. Those from the initial enrollment group as well as their children were interviewed every four years from 1948 to 2003 about their alcohol consumption.

Ellison explained that the Framingham study consists primarily of white, middle-class individuals from the Massachusetts town of the same name. "It generally tends to reflect trends within the country among middle-class, white Americans," he said.

Not to worry, my American friends. We Canadians will do our part and pick up the slack until you can get back on your feet again! God knows I'M an escalating piss tank.

Isn't it quitting time yet?

Back