Question On 15 Gallon Conical Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The link is fine it's an eBay auction

That said I use a blichman conical and it's great a big plus of the ss is its easy to clean after I keg it's just a hose down and quick scrub down cleaned and ready to go in under 10 min. The above one is plastic and if you scrub it down it would get scratched and then grow mold. If I were you I would get the blichman with tri-clamp fittings for $850 or at a min the blichman with standard fittings for $640

Plastic - way cheaper then the blichman. It probably would work, I'm sure not made as well and you would have to be a little more careful with it.

Blichman - I do not own a blichman conical, but own other products of theirs and I'm sure there's is much sturdier and thought out. I know it has 2 valves on it and I believe the top comes off to make it easier to clean.

If you have the money buy the blichman. If you don't and def want a conical I think this would work, just not as user friendly.

there are several threads on the DIY forum about the plastic conicals. Many brewers use them without problem. Check them out but they are definitely DIY and once you start to include fittings, the price does go up considerably. Good luck.

I have one if the 15 gal plastic conicals, and although they seem cheap at the get go, I've invested a lot of $ on mine.

I have two complaints. I am unable to get it to seal, which is not the big of a deal, but it would be nice to be able to pressure ferment lik you can with the brewhemoth.

And two, is that there are lots if nooks and crannys to make sure you get clean after you rack. I clean mine with a spray ball but there are areas on the top that you just have to manually clean.

Personally I will be upgrading to a brewhemoth or two once the funds avail themselves.

Stout Tanks answered my question and I am up grading to 15 gal Kettles, I think Ill go with 14.5 gal

Stout Tanks Answered
Our 12.5 gallon fermenter is $449.
Our 14.5 fermenter comes with a racking arm and 3 tri-clamp port in the lid and is $589. You can order the 14.5 gallon fermenter on our website.

Unfortunately, the 12.5 gallon is not currently on our site, we would have to email you an invoice to purchase this fermenter. To do this, you would need to go to our site, or Contact Us? option and send us a message that you would like to purchase our 12.5 gallon fermenter.

Cheers,

Kristin
Stout Tanks and Kettles, LLC
503-372-9580? (Office)

I have the Stout 7 gallon conical fermentor. Done 3 batches in it and I am very pleased. I am now waiting on their 14.5 gallon and I'm pretty excited for it. For the money in my opinion, way better than Blichman.

If you still want to go plastic, you can get a much better price if you look around. Try Rural King, Agrimart or Spraysmarter and look for 15G Full Drain Inductor tank. I got mine for $65 each plus shipping.

Back