help I might have killed my batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmaupin

Reaction score
well i started a batch back in the last week of march then all hell broke loose wife pregnant consent over time no time to rack to a secondary etc so it has been sitting in the bucket this hole time. I have had a air lock but My 4 year old pointed out to the wife there are tiny little bugs in the air lock and I have had no temp control and it being the hottest summer on record her in central pa. So to stop my babbling ave I killed the beer or is there hope for the batch yet

If it tastes good and smells good it is fine. :rockin:. Give it a try. I recently found one I had forgot about for 6 months and it is great.

Is there still liquid in the air lock? if not,it may be a problem,alot of drunk ass bugs in the beer,and other bad stuff.

there was sitll water n the air lock. I opened the bucket and the smell that greeted me was amazing no mold no floating bugs no problems at all. So I quickly sanitized my auto siphon new air lock 6.5 gallon better bottle etc... And my Irish stout is in its new home will I be able to bulk age this till the baby my wife is pregnant with turns 1 ?

Stout is always best, when in the secondary for long periods of time.It might end up gold metal brew!

... And my Irish stout is in its new home will I be able to bulk age this till the baby my wife is pregnant with turns 1 ?

Congratulations! On both accounts, you can age beer for a very long time, years and it only gets better as long as it is stored properly. My personal problem is patience, your Irish stout has already aged in the fermentor as long as or longer than some beers that I have aged and drunk completely gone.

will I be able to bulk age this till the baby my wife is pregnant with turns 1 ?

I've got a new 1 month old son and have brewed two batches and bottled one since the birth. It helps that I'm off on parental leave, but you'll figure it out. They sleep a lot in the first year (hopefully.) You'll get a chance to brew (and drink) it somewhere.

sorry to say but we had just moved into our new place and I could not for the life of me find my hydrometer. So I did not take a reading I can tell you this much its the brewers best Irish stout with one extra can of dark malt extract . One can is 3.3 lbs

Back