Compact Fridge (kegerator) capacity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Two questions:

1) Are the Sanyo 4912 and Kenmore 4.9 cubic foot refrigerators similar in dimension?

2) How many corny's can you fit in a fridge this size. (Note: I'd have to leave the CO2 outside and run a shank connection to the interior, as I have a 30lb steel tank.)

Thanks.

KalvinEddie said:
(Note: I'd have to leave the CO2 outside and run a shank connection to the interior, as I have a 30lb steel tank.)
Thanks.

You can run the airline from your Co2 through the drain hole above the compressor on the Sanyo 4912, this is what I have done. You will need to remove the rubber grommet for the drain hole first though. The 4912 will hold Two 5 gallon cornies, if you want to hold more then get a bigger fridge and do a custom setup--you can always search http://richmond.craigslist.org/ to find an older fridge to convert.

I've got a kenmore 4.9 and it fits 2 corny's and a 5# tank inside... plus i still have the door compartments that hold 6 cans and one tray that can hold about 6 bottles of homebrew or 3 bottles of wine.

Indiana Red said:
If you are still shopping, consider the 5.5cf "Holiday" brand. $140 at Lowe's and 3 cornys fit in there with a tad of elbow room.

got a link to that? I can't find it anywhere

Illinibrew said:
I've got a kenmore 4.9 and it fits 2 corny's and a 5# tank inside... plus i still have the door compartments that hold 6 cans and one tray that can hold about 6 bottles of homebrew or 3 bottles of wine.
Yeah, I just removed the bottom shelf. If there were someway to modify it to make it narrower I'd put it back in.:D

Back