San Diego Late winter beer party March 6th

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bsquared

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Every three to four months my wife and I like to have people over to try out some of my beer. This party will be the first weekend in march,Saturday the 6th. I plan on breaking in the beer Engine, and to have at least two taps flowing.

I currently am planning on serving, a Chocolate nib Stout, an English IPA, and Some other yet to be brewed beer. I most likely will be serving the IPA on cask, but will have a keg of the stout ready for the Engine too.I will also have some Brett beers in the cellar that might be ready for a taste too. So lots of beer to drink!

Just reply to this thread, and I'll PM you with the Invite. If you want, bring a couple beers for people to taste too.:mug:

B^2

I'll put it on my calendar! This free's up mid-late Feb for me to have the keezer break-in party :)

Okay, So we finally got the evite together for this. PM me or respond to this thread that you want to go and I'll PM you for your email and get you the evite.

So far I have an English IPA for the Cask and Tap, Plus I will be hooking the Randal up to the cask for a fresh infusion of Fuggle and EKG for each pull. I will also have a back up cask of Chocolate nib stout and a keg of that that will be available on tap. There will also be a couple experimental sour beers and an all Brett beer in the back for tastes.

I might try to brew a Kentucky (by the sea) common, But I'll have to mash that in tonight if I want it ready in a month.

I'll bring a few, but too be honest, I'm definitely looking for constructive criticism and not expecting accolades.

I'm glad you guys will be bringing so bottles. One of the reasons I like to do this Is the feedback I get about the recipes I'm working on. I'm almost always surprised what is the crowd favorite. I've tried out the Stout and IPA, and i think they are coming along well, but I'd definitely like some input on how to make them better.

I also hope some of these sours I'm working on will be ready.

Should be a good time.

I'll give this a little bump. We are looking forward to Saturday. I will have the English IPA on tap and pouring from the beer engine through a Randal stuffed with Fuggle and EKG whole hops. Also a chocolate dry stout on tap, and a keg of it ready for the cask if we blow through the EIPA.

I'll have a couple cases of my sour experiments to test out too.

I'll give this a little bump. We are looking forward to Saturday. I will have the English IPA on tap and pouring from the beer engine through a Randal stuffed with Fuggle and EKG whole hops. Also a chocolate dry stout on tap, and a keg of it ready for the cask if we blow through the EIPA.

I'll have a couple cases of my sour experiments to test out too.

What's the timing again?

Thanks guys for coming by, It was a lot of fun to hang out and talk shop and drink some beers. I hope every one had a good time and we will see you guys in the spring tasting. Next time though I'm sticking to water for the first couple hours! Oy vey!

I had a good time, the beer engine was awesome, and you were sloshed... who can argue with that?!

Back