Safron Metheglin...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DragonTail

Reaction score
I am thinking of making a 1 gal test batch of Safron Metheglin.
I am looking for opinions on whether to make this dry or sweet, still or carbed, or any combo of the "styles".
Again, just looking for opinions.
I don't have any yeast to make this yet, otherwise I would already have it going now.
Thanks, :tank:

I´m very amateur here, but I don´t think a carbed Safron mead sounds very good.

I started one about 10 months ago and made it still and semi-sweet. I haven't tried it yet, other than to take a small sip when I bottled it and I liked it just fine. I too only made a gallon that was part of a batch split into this, a German chocolate, and a ginger and juniper berry based spiced mead.

IMG_1537.JPG

I started one about 10 months ago and made it still and semi-sweet. I haven't tried it yet, other than to take a small sip when I bottled it and I liked it just fine. I too only made a gallon that was part of a batch split into this, a German chocolate, and a ginger and juniper berry based spiced mead.

IMG_1537.JPG

Wow! That looks tasty just sitting there...... :cross:

I have not made one but with the rare flavors of saffron I would make it dry and still, or perhaps just slightly sweet.

Craig

summersolstice, what yeast did you use for yours?
I usually use Whitelabs yeasts, but since I have to pick some up anyhow I may go with a dry variety.
Thanks,:mug:

I'm a firm believer in using wine yeast for meads, particularly Lalvin yeasts. I'm at work but I'm pretty sure I used D-47 for this one.

Latest posts

Back