twins!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killian

Reaction score
I found out a couple of weeks ago that my wife is pregnant with twins! Im really excited (and a little scared), I wasnt sure if I was going to be able to have kids. Im just stressing about how the f**k Im going to be able to afford 2 kids. any one else have twins?:tank::mug:

well if you are going to have a family, might as well do it all at once.

congratulations to you're new family

and start stockpiling beer now...you're going to need it!!:tank:

Congrats. Start sleeping now you will need to store up.

Wish I has twins, my kids are 7 years apart. Actually I don't its fun this way too

Good God man. Start brewing like, 20 batches of 9%. That way you'll hopefully stay sane :D. I don't have em but BIL does. Yipes...naw just kiddin, yer blessed! Have a ball with them and I hope they turn out great. As for the finances don't you sweat it m8, it'll all work out! :) You stay by that lil' lady and give her your best!

I donlt have twins but, I do have a 2 year old and the wifey, definitely SWMBO whilst prego, has one in the oven that has been cooking for 14 weeks now.

I feel your pain. I am glad she's pregnant but am very worrysome about the financial impact. But of course, as the saying goes, if you wait til you can afford them. You'll never have them.

My 2 year old is a blast 90% of the time. Never a burden but very tiresome the other 10%. That said, I am constantly amazed by him.

Watch the drinking around the kid or you;ll end up like me. Knowing your 2 year old prefers IPA's and Heffe's. One finger dip at a time.

Watch the drinking around the kid or you;ll end up like me. Knowing your 2 year old prefers IPA's and Heffe's. One finger dip at a time.
HAHA Good Advice to us all. Congratulations on twins. My wife is due any day now with our first Born. I am excited as can be but also very nervous. I can't wait till he gets here though. Congrats again and I hope everything goes smoothly for you both!:mug:

Congrats! Your kids have built in best friends (if they are identical). I have a twin brother but we are fraternal twins and polar opposites. We used to fight like heck. I'm older by a minute and it was a total surprise to my folks back then when my brother popped out.

You will find it is not as expensive as your friends with only one baby. I hope your wife can stay home with them. Do the nursing as long as possible. It saves a ton in formula and hassles and is great for them. My boy nursed 13 months (the lucky bugger). He's 13 and 6'2".

Now if they are twin girls, you better start saving today. :D

That's awesome. My wife is due Sept 5th with our first child and we were really hoping for twins. I wanted 4 and she's concerned about her age and starting so late so we figured multiples would be a blessing. You got a two'fer!!!

No twins here, but I've got two boys 18 months apart. One's 3 1/2, and the other turns 2 in a week. It's almost like have two at the exact same age, and it's a handful, but while they're a bunch of work they're also a blessing.

Congrats, and don't plan on getting to brew whenever you want!

Congratulations
congrats.jpg

:mug::mug:

Grats! My wife and I are expecting our first in December.

No twins here, but I've got two boys 18 months apart. One's 3 1/2, and the other turns 2 in a week. It's almost like have two at the exact same age, and it's a handful, but while they're a bunch of work they're also a blessing.

Congrats, and don't plan on getting to brew whenever you want!

I'm planning on starting to brew flemish sours so they will need a long time to condition , Im sure I will be home brewing a lot less. In the mean time Im trying to get all of the brewing in that I can. This week end Im thinking about a triple brewday. 10 gallon oat stout, 10 gallon belgian IPA and maybe a 10 gallon mild.

well I guess I will ask here also, soon my $ supply will be getting a lot smaller but right now I have a small amount more than I will in the near future and I want to get the most bang for my buck what brewing program should I go with? right now Im leaning toward beersmith but once I buy one I will probably be using it for the rest of my life so I want to get the right one now.

well I guess I will ask here also, soon my $ supply will be getting a lot smaller but right now I have a small amount more than I will in the near future and I want to get the most bang for my buck what brewing program should I go with? right now Im leaning toward beersmith but once I buy one I will probably be using it for the rest of my life so I want to get the right one now.

Go with BeerSmith, IMO.

It's solid, actively supported, recently updated, and fully developed.

A combination of key points that , sadly, don't all apply to the other two. That is, lest you are on a Mac and then there is Beer Alchemy but I know nothing about it.

Congrats man! My wife's due in September. The time is going to fly, at least it did for me. Seems like just yesterday that we were visiting the doc for the first time and now my wife's seeing her every two weeks and about to start her weekly checkups. Time's gettin' short!

Mine's due Sept 5th but they say her (the baby's) weight is 85th percentile so we should not be suprised if she comes early.

NJ, I wish I had a dog like yours. I will never be able to afford one now.

Thanks, he's awesome. My ex used to stay over with her(previous to me) kid about a year and a half old, and Moe slept in the spare room on the single bed,with the kid, kind of wrapping himself around the baby so she didn't fall out of bed. Really cute.

Try a bulldog rescue.
http://www.heavensentbulldogrescue.com/

Congrats! I donn't have twins, but I have 4 little ones. Enjoy sleep now, you won't be getting much for the next 5 years. :D

If you buy diapers now, stock up on size 3 and 4. They sell out first.
(Spent several winters stocking diapers at the local big box store.)

Ohiobrew that quote is funny as chit - I have been trying to figure out how to get some oak in a flemish red with out using oak chips or staves and I think maybe a dowel through the bung will be the ticket thanks. Anyone know a good place to get an oak dowel so I can jam it through the bung?

I was talking with some one about the amount of times a new born will need to be changed and they were saying about 20 times a day that means 40 diapers a day thats insane.

I was talking with some one about the amount of times a new born will need to be changed and they were saying about 20 times a day that means 40 diapers a day thats insane.

Two words... reusable diapers. Better for the baby, cheaper than disposable in the long run if you have multiple children, and you're keeping a crapload (snicker) of diapers out of a landfill.

Bum Genius
Bumkins
Fuzzi Bunz
Happy Heiny
etc...

Back