So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be brewing an Irish Red first thing tomorrow morn. Though that breakfast stout is making me think. Mmmm stout.

Brewing a Blonde today. First time using my Barley Crusher. Spilled about 1/2 lb of grain when I cranked too hard and the mill fell off my bucket. I am hoping I get better efficiency to make up for my clumsiness.

Finally done. Double brew day that I didn't overlap. I could have, but having to babysit the chiller during cast in these hot months is a pain in the arse. Mashing in during cast woulda been a train wreck for both.

SMaSH brews, one Columbus, one Willamette. Same hop schedules and amounts. Both 10 lbs Maris Otter. Got my best efficiencies ever and the gravities were 1.064 and 1.065 for 5 gallons in primary. Gets me about 85%.

Very happy that the original gravities were so close, as this is an experiment in what one ingredient contributes to the beer. 13.9% Columbus and 4.7% Willamette will make 2 very different beers.

I'm currently brewing a new iteration if my Rye God, Rye?
Yesterday I brewed a heffeweizen with my sister, which its fermenting away happily

Love Columbus. I've seen that it is either love or hate that one. Not sure what turned me on to it. When I was pro, I would pull a carboy of our regular pale after crash and dry hop it with columbus. Though the dry hop was the only deviation, you couldn't convince others that it wad the same basic ale.

Yeah I'm kinda on the fence with it, so that's what I'm trying to figure out with this brew. We'll find out in 4 weeks.:mug:

Pumpkin ale and a 1 gallon red wine yesterday. Right now, I'm brewing an Ale for christmas (if it makes it that long (-: )

I'm after starting my first brew. Can I do without an airlock and hydrometer. It seems to be fermenting nicely at the moment.?

Just finishing up chilling an AG Tripel (I really wanted to call it cerberus tripel, but two commercial breweries beat me to the punch!). OG is 1.084 and pitching on 2nd gen 3787

This Saturday, I'll be brewing a double batch of Northern Brewer partial mash RyePA, and splitting it into two 5-gallon batches. I'll pitch US05 into one and S04 into the other.

Hopefully I will have some time to brew my first SMaSH on Sunday. 2 row with wet-toasted 2row (is that cheating?) & Centennial hops. Bells yeast, so it will be kind of a mini 2 Hearted Ale, but at pale ale strength.

I work on the weekend so today = my Sunday. I'm in the middle of a Hefeweizen as we text!

Have a Brown Ale, Light brown What's'it (extra runnings experiment) and a Saison to bottle today and tomorrow morning.

Started my weekend by brewing my first all Vienna blonde ale. I'm excited to try Vienna all on it's own!

After doing a belgian wheat, and Imperial red at request... this weekend I will be doing my Double IPA.... oh the hoppy goodness.

A brett Bud sounds awful, but Stillwater Premium is supposed to be pretty good, eh.

Which Jolly P dregs are you pitching?

It's a repitch, but the original was a starter of a some fresh la roja and bam bier plus some WL saison II. The premium is really good. Took me a few to figure out what the description meant by "post prohibition" but then it was funny. If all light american lagers turned into funky saisons the world would be a better place.

I'm doing an American IPA with a friend who wants to learn all grain. Simple recipe, yummy beer. :)

Of course, we're doing it early because it's supposed to be 109 FREAKING DEGREES tomorrow afternoon.

Tomorrow- brewing a Belgian golden ale that will also be pitched with Brett.

About 12 min. into the 60 min. boil. AHS' Black Ale. Already had 2 minor boil overs from trying to multi-task too much.

Latest posts

Back